Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reclusive46

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Canada
Hello,
There are 4 people in our household, I'm wanting to pre-order 4 iPhones. How can I get around the two people delivery limit? If I use 2 different credit cards under a different name but the same address, will that work? Does anyone have any experience this?

Just to clarify, I'm trying to order 4 unlocked iPhone 5s from Apple.

Last edited:

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
Hello,
There are 4 people in our household, I'm wanting to pre-order 4 iPhones. How can I get around the two people delivery limit? If I use 2 different credit cards under a different name but the same address, will that work? Does anyone have any experience this?

Wow. All 4 people eligible for upgrades or new lines? Most people coming here are talking about moving from 4s and mad at the pricing.

db67fm

macrumors regular
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I cannot even order 2 iPhones on the Apple Store website at the same time. When I add 1 iphone to my "Cart" it will not allow me to add another without going through checkout.

Why cant I just add both to my "Cart" and add them both to a new Verizon Share Everything Plan and pay once for everything?

Verizon website lets me do this not not the Apple Store website.

reclusive46

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Canada
Buying 4 unlocked/full retail phones. I am guessing there is some method to this that does not seem obvious to me.

I'm basically going to use my Wife's credit card (Which is on my AMex account anyway (Just different card no) on her Apple ID for two iPhones and two iPhones on my Amex. Will have to hope that works.

----------

I still find it pretty ridiculous that no one can get any information from Apple but at the same time someone on this forum must have done it before.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
I'd imagine using different credit cards with different names would work.

But wouldn't that end up creating 2+ different accounts? I'd ideally like to order them on one family account that doesn't yet exist.

Though now that I hear VZW won't support simultaneous voice and data, I'm probably not going to bother upgrading at all.

mstgkillr

macrumors regular
Feb 11, 2012
Wait a minute... You're telling me that eventhough I have a Sprint family plan with 3 eligible lines for upgrade, that I can only preorder 2 iPhones? Please tell me this is a mistake! Is there any way around this? If not, either my girlfriend or my mother is going to be pissed off and I am not sure which one will be worse!

reclusive46

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2011
Canada
Wait a minute... You're telling me that eventhough I have a Sprint family plan with 3 eligible lines for upgrade, that I can only preorder 2 iPhones? Please tell me this is a mistake! Is there any way around this? If not, either my girlfriend or my mother is going to be pissed off and I am not sure which one will be worse!

Unfortunately not.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
I ordered two phones but did it on two seperate orders.

I think there has always been a two phone limit per order

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.