Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

statewi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
So I was excited to find out today by using my small business' My Business account on Verizon that I can add a 20.00 unlimited e-mail plan to my account. This is Verizon's code for Unlimited data for business accounts. I'm just now switching from throttled unlimited on AT&T. I wonder if anyone also has had success with this. We also have a 40.00 Global Email plan which is essentially unlimited international roaming data.

My other idea is that if people want to get unlimited Verizon data back, somebody should form a shell corporation and allow people to sign up for service through them. This would allow you to get unlimited everything for something like 70 a month - and somewhat unlike personal accounts - you can still choose a set number of minutes and texts to match that. You are also able to choose any of the tiered plans.

statewi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 13, 2012
Unlimited e-mail is code for unlimited data? That's so many levels of f---upedness.

I understand why you doubt that - but trust me it really is. If you look at AT&T's old unlimited plans - they charged another 15 or 20 bucks for a plan called Enterprise unlimited. This supposedly enabled access to corporate email and Exchange server email. However the personal plan did this fine.

I spoke to our Verizon account rep and she read me the plan descriptors which read as an allowance of unlimited megabytes. Verizon does not discriminate any types of data except for tethering. So - unlimited email is unlimited data.

eastercat

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
PDX
As long as it's unlimited data, verizon's contortions notwithstanding, then they can call it whatever they want.
I understand why you doubt that - but trust me it really is. If you look at AT&T's old unlimited plans - they charged another 15 or 20 bucks for a plan called Enterprise unlimited. This supposedly enabled access to corporate email and Exchange server email. However the personal plan did this fine.

I spoke to our Verizon account rep and she read me the plan descriptors which read as an allowance of unlimited megabytes. Verizon does not discriminate any types of data except for tethering. So - unlimited email is unlimited data.

DiamondMac

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2006
Washington, D.C.
I am leaving my job and therefore am leaving the unlimited plan I had with my job...called Verizon today thinking I could transfer over to a personal account and keep my unlimited? Nah

I am trying to give them my business and the guy starts in w/ the sharing plans. I just hung up

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.