Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

physicsguy13

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
There were many posts about people planning to switch from AT&T to Verizon/Sprint with most believing that they would be able to use voice and data simultaneously on LTE. With the news today that you will not be able to use data (unless on WiFi) while on a call, are you still planning to switch?

physicsguy13

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
I am curious about this too. There were a lot of people threatening to switch carriers from ATT.

I am still thinking about switching even though I like being able to use data and voice at the same time. In Orange County they are about the same but I do go to NoCal often and my Verizon iPad 3 almost always has a way better signal there. I have certainly dropped far more calls with AT&T than I did with Verizon (switched for the iPhone 4) but things have been better with my 4S.

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
I was going to. Now I don't intend to. Probably won't upgrade with AT&T either since I don't want to be locked into them. I guess I'll wait for the iPhone 5S or iPhone 6 or whatever they call it unless Verizon rolls out VoLTE very soon

Gpob89

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2012
I am having a hard time Leaving AT&T because they're allowing me to keep my unlimited data, but have wanted to switch to Verizon because I always thought Verizon was more reliable. At the fork in the road- Anyone want to chime in with a suggestion?

physicsguy13

Contributor
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Huntiingon Beach, CA
I am having a hard time Leaving AT&T because they're allowing me to keep my unlimited data, but have wanted to switch to Verizon because I always thought Verizon was more reliable. At the fork in the road- Anyone want to chime in with a suggestion?

I would love to hear some suggestions in the next hour or so :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.