Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MVRL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011
tDwSF.png

malnar

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
Except Apple's already got that basic design in their back pocket from long before the Samsung player, revealed during the lawsuit:

Screen-shot-2012-07-29-at-L-6.jpeg

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
Except Apple's already got that basic design in their back pocket from long before the Samsung player, revealed during the lawsuit:

If they kept it in house and didn't patent/trade mark it, and didn't show it off, it doesn't mean squat.

I think. I didn't think you could own a rectangle either though.

MOFS

macrumors 65816
Feb 27, 2003
Durham, UK
If they kept it in house and didn't patent/trade mark it, and didn't show it off, it doesn't mean squat.

I think. I didn't think you could own a rectangle either though.

The fact they had their own design like the Samsung one before it came out is a sign they didn't copy them.

MVRL

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2011

i guess Apple products take time to develop, but Samsung ones just pop out of nowhere without a development cycle.. Hmm, makes sense!!

thasan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007
Germany
i guess Apple products take time to develop, but Samsung ones just pop out of nowhere without a development cycle.. Hmm, makes sense!!

it actually makes sense...how many galaxy test designs samsung showed in the lawsuit? :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.