Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:34 AM   #26
tigerfan41
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasern1 View Post
That's what mine said when I first did it but now when I do it it says it can't find it.
Now it's saying that for mine. I'd try it again in the morning, since Verizon's servers may actually be a little overloaded now. No biggie as long as the phone gets here on the 21st.
__________________
Formerly Owned: Black iPhone 3G 8GB, White iPhone 3GS 32GB, White iPod 5th Gen 60GB (still works!)
Currently Own: White iPhone 4S 16GB
Soon to Own: iPad 2/3
tigerfan41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:34 AM   #27
BFizzzle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
Here's what it has on the last page:



Hope it works...
i was a new customer, and mine didnt say that. weird. and i dont have greatest credit either.. hmmmm.


my status finally updated wahooo


We received your order and it is in process. Expected Ship Date: 09/21/2012


i guess i dont have to worry about a deposit.
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:34 AM   #28
SR71
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
Here's what it has on the last page:



Hope it works...
How do you get that whole status page?
__________________
-Mid-2013 13" MacBook Air
-64GB Verizon iPhone 6
SR71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:34 AM   #29
Maxximus
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Just got my confirmation but it doesn't have an expected ship date. It does say "Deliver By: 9/14".
Maxximus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:36 AM   #30
fdsadfsadd3
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
So VERIZON deliverys by 9/21?
fdsadfsadd3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:37 AM   #31
SR71
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan41 View Post
Now it's saying that for mine. I'd try it again in the morning, since Verizon's servers may actually be a little overloaded now. No biggie as long as the phone gets here on the 21st.
Yup, now when I go to the page and fill in my info I just get a page saying the following:
Quote:
Page is not currently available

There has been an error in processing your request. Using the Back button on your browser and resubmitting your request may solve the problem. If you are still not successful, please Contact Us for assistance.
__________________
-Mid-2013 13" MacBook Air
-64GB Verizon iPhone 6
SR71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:37 AM   #32
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsadfsadd3 View Post
So VERIZON deliverys by 9/21?
Yes.

Last years peoples dates got all kinds of screwed up. They where saying they would deliever in like 100 years or something crazy like that haha but they got them on launch day.
Frasern1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:37 AM   #33
Ellsass
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
How do you get that whole status page?
That's what appeared after I submitted the order. I can't find a way to look up my order on the site now (I'm not an existing VZW customer).
Ellsass is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:38 AM   #34
mhof
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Orange County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
That's what appeared after I submitted the order. I can't find a way to look up my order on the site now (I'm not an existing VZW customer).
im in the same boat as you... wish they would just send an email with the # that they got it or something
__________________
- MH
mhof is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:39 AM   #35
SR71
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsadfsadd3 View Post
So VERIZON deliverys by 9/21?
Yes. The way it's worded on the order status page is confusing. People had the same issue last year, but their orders were delivered on time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxximus View Post
Just got my confirmation but it doesn't have an expected ship date. It does say "Deliver By: 9/14".
Might just be a slight error. Have you tried looking at your order status to see what it says? Small tip: Don't use your order number when looking up your order status, use your PRE-ORDER number. If it says "Expected ship date: 09/21/2012" then you're good.
__________________
-Mid-2013 13" MacBook Air
-64GB Verizon iPhone 6
SR71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:39 AM   #36
redb4n
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Is anyone on the Share Everything Plan?
I don't really understand what I'm reading here so can someone let me know if the Share Everything plan for 6GB shared with unlimited talk and text across 3 iPhones is $200 per phone, or is that the price for all 3?
redb4n is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:39 AM   #37
boxermansr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: El Paso, TX
ordered mine @ retail about 30 mins ago, however the account is in my wifes name, and I used my credit card to pay for it. it wouldn't allow me to change the "bill to" name (it was auto populated with her name), however it didn't reject it, when I entered my credit card #, etc (though it never asked for the cardholder name, etc).

I got my confirmation email, and if I use the order status website (like others sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), it shows that it'll be shipped on 9/21 or whatever..

so anyhow know if the credit card name not matching my wifes will kick it back? there was simply no way to change the bill to name, and im guessing since it didn't reject it (since the cc # was right, billing zip, security code, etc), that it should be OK.

also, has anyone had any pending charges, etc on their card etc

Edit: just talked to Verizon (after being on hold 40 mins), they told me the name issue won't hold it up, as long as I entered a valid cc # with the security code, etc that it's good to go. Also said they know that the orders aren't showing up sometimes, but that if you try 2-3 times they do. also said I wont see any charges on my credit card until it ships, so I guess they don't put any kind of hold on it (I know crappy sprint did when I got the 4s last year).
boxermansr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:39 AM   #38
Jnava420
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Lincoln, NE
job well done

Got my order in through the app, was worried because my bank account didnt show anything happening not $1 or the $320 was completely untouched, i rushed to the phone trying to see if they could confirm it while refreshing trying to get to an account page finally us bank shows a pending transaction of $319.93 i think im good to go my addresses all match and the names only differ from John to Johnathan now im just trying find a reason to worry. 1 week now what do we all do??
__________________
15" RMP 2012, iPad Air 2 space grey 64GB wifi, iPhone 6+ space gray 64GB Verizon, PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, Sony Bravia 55" 3D tv, Sony Personal 3D viewer @J_nav
Jnava420 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:40 AM   #39
irnini
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFizzzle View Post
good thinking,

anyone who has preordered through vzw.com in the past? any issues?
also what is this $20 monthly line access fee i see AFTER i purchased it. sorry im new to verizon>

Thanks
I would also like to know what's up with that $20 fee. When I preordered my estimated monthly total was $150 but when I got the confirmation email it jumped to $190 thanks to two of those fees.
irnini is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:41 AM   #40
rmitchell248
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Liebsthal, Germany
I have mine ordered from apple.de. Got confirmation email for black 32gb 827€ with the micro usb adaptor and an extra usb - lightening cable. This is the first time though that I am concerned that I may actually like the white just as much as the black one.
rmitchell248 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:42 AM   #41
BFizzzle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
That's what appeared after I submitted the order. I can't find a way to look up my order on the site now (I'm not an existing VZW customer).
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/o...rderStatusForm

did you get a preorderconfirmation number?

if so use that. As other have pointed out, its overloaded. Mine shows up, if I check it again, its not. Hit and miss

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmitchell248 View Post
I have mine ordered from apple.de. Got confirmation email for black 32gb. This is the first time though that I am concerned that I may like the white just as much as the black one.
im the opposite i like the black metal, the black bezel looks nice.
I had the white last time. 16 gb
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:43 AM   #42
SR71
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
That's what appeared after I submitted the order. I can't find a way to look up my order on the site now (I'm not an existing VZW customer).
Oh, okay. I guess that in my excitement, I closed out of the page too quickly and completely missed that lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redb4n View Post
Is anyone on the Share Everything Plan?
I don't really understand what I'm reading here so can someone let me know if the Share Everything plan for 6GB shared with unlimited talk and text across 3 iPhones is $200 per phone, or is that the price for all 3?
Should be the price for all 3. I have the same plan and ordered one iPhone 5 (my family has 4 iPhones, 1 Droid) and it says that my monthly charges will be $120.
__________________
-Mid-2013 13" MacBook Air
-64GB Verizon iPhone 6
SR71 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:43 AM   #43
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
ordered mine @ retail about 30 mins ago, however the account is in my wifes name, and I used my credit card to pay for it. it wouldn't allow me to change the "bill to" name (it was auto populated with her name), however it didn't reject it, when I entered my credit card #, etc (though it never asked for the cardholder name, etc).

I got my confirmation email, and if I use the order status website (like others sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), it shows that it'll be shipped on 9/21 or whatever..

so anyhow know if the credit card name not matching my wifes will kick it back? there was simply no way to change the bill to name, and im guessing since it didn't reject it (since the cc # was right, billing zip, security code, etc), that it should be OK.

also, has anyone had any pending charges, etc on their card etc
This is the boat I am in. Last year it was not a problem at all but I am using a different card this year. I don't think it will be a problem. I just requested a card for my dad from my banks website so that should be a safety net but I don't think it will be a problem.

I have a $1.00 pending charge from CELLCO PARTNERSHIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jnava420 View Post
Got my order in through the app, was worried because my bank account didnt show anything happening not $1 or the $320 was completely untouched, i rushed to the phone trying to see if they could confirm it while refreshing trying to get to an account page finally us bank shows a pending transaction of $319.93 i think im good to go my addresses all match and the names only differ from John to Johnathan now im just trying find a reason to worry. 1 week now what do we all do??
Did you use a Debit card? I am wondering if that's why I have a $1 pending charge instead of the whole thing.
Frasern1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:45 AM   #44
BFizzzle
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Austin TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
Oh, okay. I guess that in my excitement, I closed out of the page too quickly and completely missed that lol.



Should be the price for all 3.
mine didnt have the credit check on it. after completion. I still have mine open. Just preorder confirmation and that the email will be sent, and could take 24 hours to receive. I'm hoping i dont have a deposit
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:46 AM   #45
Maxximus
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post

Might just be a slight error. Have you tried looking at your order status to see what it says? Small tip: Don't use your order number when looking up your order status, use your PRE-ORDER number. If it says "Expected ship date: 09/21/2012" then you're good.
Just checked--expected ship date is 9/21! Wooooo!
Maxximus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:46 AM   #46
rusty2000
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Somewhere out there
I successfully pre-ordered mine and I'm a new customer! I tried using that link and it tells me that my order doesn't exist.

I used this and it tells me it's going to be delivered by 9/21

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com...cSearchInit.do

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFizzzle View Post
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/o...rderStatusForm

did you get a preorderconfirmation number?

if so use that. As other have pointed out, its overloaded. Mine shows up, if I check it again, its not. Hit and miss

----------



im the opposite i like the black metal, the black bezel looks nice.
I had the white last time. 16 gb
rusty2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:47 AM   #47
SR71
Thread Starter
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
This page seems to show more information about pre-orders: https://preorder.verizonwireless.com...cSearchInit.do

Also is much more responsive and reliable than the standard order status page, it seems.

Put your pre-order confirmation number in as the "Reference Number" and it should show up.
__________________
-Mid-2013 13" MacBook Air
-64GB Verizon iPhone 6
SR71 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:48 AM   #48
chris2k5
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
So glad preorders are not hectic. The iPad 3 fiasco left a bad taste in my mouth that I was hesitant to try again.
chris2k5 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:48 AM   #49
boxermansr
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: El Paso, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasern1 View Post
This is the boat I am in. Last year it was not a problem at all but I am using a different card this year. I don't think it will be a problem. I just requested a card for my dad from my banks website so that should be a safety net but I don't think it will be a problem.

I have a $1.00 pending charge from CELLCO PARTNERSHIP
I called and spoke to someone, and they said it wont be an issue (which I hope is the case, or I'm gonna be real PO'd). Also I see no pending charges at all, she told me I won't see the charge until it ships, and the card that I used is kind of crappy, and doesn't really show pending charges, it just shows a decrease in the available limit (which hasn't changed since prior to me ordering), so, fingers crossed. now I can sleep for 2-3 hours before I go to work, YAY!
boxermansr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 03:48 AM   #50
Ellsass
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by BFizzzle View Post
http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/o...rderStatusForm

did you get a preorderconfirmation number?

if so use that. As other have pointed out, its overloaded. Mine shows up, if I check it again, its not. Hit and miss
Mine is called a "pending order confirmation number", but that seemed to work anyway, thanks.

"We received your order and it is in process." - Yay!

"Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." - ahhhhh why can't things every be simple and go smoothly!?
Ellsass is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple.com Preorder Status Thread (merged) Geckotek iPhone 8716 Sep 9, 2014 11:12 PM
Verizon Business iPhone 5 Preorder Status Thread griffinmeyer iPhone 5 Sep 22, 2012 04:51 PM
64gb iPhone 5 AT&T Preorder Status thieverycorp. iPhone 0 Sep 18, 2012 11:23 AM
Switching from AT&T to Verizon. How to preorder the new iPhone. Smileyboy iPhone 25 Sep 13, 2012 07:31 PM
Canadian iPhone 5 Preorder/Shipping Status simplymuzik3 iPhone 1 Sep 12, 2012 03:28 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC