Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:48 AM   #51
zachnelson
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxermansr View Post
ordered mine @ retail about 30 mins ago, however the account is in my wifes name, and I used my credit card to pay for it. it wouldn't allow me to change the "bill to" name (it was auto populated with her name), however it didn't reject it, when I entered my credit card #, etc (though it never asked for the cardholder name, etc).

I got my confirmation email, and if I use the order status website (like others sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), it shows that it'll be shipped on 9/21 or whatever..

so anyhow know if the credit card name not matching my wifes will kick it back? there was simply no way to change the bill to name, and im guessing since it didn't reject it (since the cc # was right, billing zip, security code, etc), that it should be OK.

also, has anyone had any pending charges, etc on their card etc

Edit: just talked to Verizon (after being on hold 40 mins), they told me the name issue won't hold it up, as long as I entered a valid cc # with the security code, etc that it's good to go. Also said they know that the orders aren't showing up sometimes, but that if you try 2-3 times they do. also said I wont see any charges on my credit card until it ships, so I guess they don't put any kind of hold on it (I know crappy sprint did when I got the 4s last year).
How'd you get ahold of them??
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:49 AM   #52
Ceviche Lover
macrumors member

god damit, i wish i saved the order confirmation number on the page before closing it out. oh well
Ceviche Lover is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:49 AM   #53
BFizzzle
Banned

my order status is saying expected SHIP date 9/21
is yours saying delivery or ship?

my email says delivery, and the site did when i finished the purchase
BFizzzle is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:50 AM   #54
zachnelson
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachnelson View Post
Please answer me! :P
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:50 AM   #55
ghsNick
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFizzzle View Post
Delivers 9/21
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2012-09-14 at 3.50.15 AM.png
Views:	77
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	357284  
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:51 AM   #56
faams
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by irnini View Post
I would also like to know what's up with that $20 fee. When I preordered my estimated monthly total was $150 but when I got the confirmation email it jumped to $190 thanks to two of those fees.
Same here, then i noted this in the email

Quote:
NOTE: Your first bill may include charges for a partial month of service in addition to your first full month's access charge, billed one month in advance.
faams is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:51 AM   #57
boxermansr
macrumors regular

Quote:
called 611, pressed 0 a bunch of times, it said something about being staffed from 6am - 11pm or something, and then I just got another menu with an option which was (option 4 I think) to speak to someone about my order.. im so tired of half asleep that I was amazed I got anyone, each time the recording came on saying all agents were busy I started to talk to it thinking it was a person, hah
boxermansr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:52 AM   #58
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I called and spoke to someone, and they said it wont be an issue (which I hope is the case, or I'm gonna be real PO'd). Also I see no pending charges at all, she told me I won't see the charge until it ships, and the card that I used is kind of crappy, and doesn't really show pending charges, it just shows a decrease in the available limit (which hasn't changed since prior to me ordering), so, fingers crossed. now I can sleep for 2-3 hours before I go to work, YAY!
Awesome thanks man! That's what I thought. I guess I ordered a card with my dad's name on it for no reason...oh well at least it was free! Gotta love USAA.

Everyone freaking out about the wording "Shipping on 9/21" or whatever it says DON'T WORRY. Your phone will arrive on the 21st. The same thing happened last year.

SR, do you think you could put that in the first post so maybe people won't freak as much?
Frasern1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:52 AM   #59
zachnelson
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
called, pressed 0 a bunch, then got another menu one of which was (option 4 I think) to speak to someone about my order.. im so tired of half asleep that I was amazed I got anyone, each time the recording came on saying all agents were busy I started to talk to it thinking it was a person, hah
I got it, I hope they can submit an order for me.

I can't choose unlimited data and don't want to use the card on the account.

Waiting now
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:53 AM   #60
SR71
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
Mine is called a "pending order confirmation number", but that seemed to work anyway, thanks.

"We received your order and it is in process." - Yay!

"Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." - ahhhhh why can't things every be simple and go smoothly!?
Mine says the same as yours, but then for the expected ship date it says 9/21/2012, which, as we all know, is actually the delivery date.

Quote:

Yup, it's just a slight issue with the wording. This same thing happened last year and everyone got theirs on time. Don't sweat it. You WILL get it by 9/21.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:53 AM   #61
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasern1 View Post
Awesome thanks man! That's what I thought. I guess I ordered a card with my dad's name on it for no reason...oh well at least it was free! Gotta love USAA.

Everyone freaking out about the wording "Shipping on 9/21" or whatever it says DON'T WORRY. Your phone will arrive on the 21st. The same thing happened last year.

SR, do you think you could put that in the first post so maybe people won't freak as much?
thanks. im new to vzw

Im going to bed now lol
BFizzzle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:54 AM   #62
rellimie
macrumors member

Anyone know how to preorder through Verizon Business account?
rellimie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:54 AM   #63
Prospekt
macrumors regular

Quote:
ordered mine @ retail about 30 mins ago, however the account is in my wifes name, and I used my credit card to pay for it. it wouldn't allow me to change the "bill to" name (it was auto populated with her name), however it didn't reject it, when I entered my credit card #, etc (though it never asked for the cardholder name, etc).

I got my confirmation email, and if I use the order status website (like others sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't), it shows that it'll be shipped on 9/21 or whatever..

so anyhow know if the credit card name not matching my wifes will kick it back? there was simply no way to change the bill to name, and im guessing since it didn't reject it (since the cc # was right, billing zip, security code, etc), that it should be OK.

also, has anyone had any pending charges, etc on their card etc

Edit: just talked to Verizon (after being on hold 40 mins), they told me the name issue won't hold it up, as long as I entered a valid cc # with the security code, etc that it's good to go. Also said they know that the orders aren't showing up sometimes, but that if you try 2-3 times they do. also said I wont see any charges on my credit card until it ships, so I guess they don't put any kind of hold on it (I know crappy sprint did when I got the 4s last year).
Similar situation but my father is the account holder and gets billed to a PO box. I used my own CC which has a different billing address. But the email confirmation went through and I have a pending $1 charge on my card. Some sort of placeholder I'm hoping. Hopefully everything goes through alright
Prospekt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:54 AM   #64
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faams View Post
Same here, then i noted this in the email
same here, mine didnt show up until after i payed. i assume it is an activation fee? IDK. it says my monthly bill is now 140 and before it was saying 120
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:54 AM   #65
SR71
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasern1 View Post

Just added it and bolded/underlined it so it's hard to miss.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:55 AM   #66
Young Turk
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Same here. Ordered 32gb Black. I'm porting my number over from AT&T. Hope it works. Received my order confirmation email, with delivery on 9/21.
iPad Air 16gb White/Silver
Young Turk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:55 AM   #67
boxermansr
macrumors regular

Quote:
I got it, I hope they can submit an order for me.

I can't choose unlimited data and don't want to use the card on the account.

Waiting now
I don't think they can submit orders til like 6AM (from what I've read elsewhere at least), but if they do, great. I asked the girl I spoke to if they normally work these hours, or if it was due to the iPhone 5 launch, and she said that it was due to this, and that she definitely doesn't work these hours normally, which sucks, but I guess someone has to be there to help, right.

I had no issue, amazingly, placing the order, or keeping unlimited data, I just hope the credit card deal doesn't hold it up, though I don't imagine it will, if it does I'll have to go stand in line in a foul ass mood.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:56 AM   #68
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellsass View Post
Mine is called a "pending order confirmation number", but that seemed to work anyway, thanks.

"We received your order and it is in process." - Yay!

"Expected Ship Date: Not available at this time." - ahhhhh why can't things every be simple and go smoothly!?
glad i could help. sorta
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:56 AM   #69
IndoX
macrumors regular

Will Apple or Verizon give the option to add Apple Care +? On the Verizon pre order I couldn't do it... so I was wondering if Apple will give the option of adding it after the purchase like they did last year (if I recall correctly).
IndoX is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:56 AM   #70
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
Just added it and bolded/underlined it so it's hard to miss.
Awesome, although it probably won't help much Did you see my post about how I got the $30 activation fee waived? I think it was cause the line had been due for a while, it was a promotional thing I am suprised they let it happen with the iPhone. You can probably call and get it waived, I know lots of people who have.
Frasern1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:56 AM   #71
ECUpirate44
Banned

I used a friends account and his upgrade to buy the phone. I ordered using the iPhone app. The shipping address is not his billing address on his Verizon account and I used my billing address to process my debit card... I then went back on Verizon.com and changed his billing address to the billing address linked to my debit card. Is my order going to be canceled?
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:56 AM   #72
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndoX View Post
Will Apple or Verizon give the option to add Apple Care +? On the Verizon pre order I couldn't do it... so I was wondering if Apple will give the option of adding it after the purchase like they did last year (if I recall correctly).
Yes they will
Frasern1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:56 AM   #73
boxermansr
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rellimie View Post
Anyone know how to preorder through Verizon Business account?
if I recall, the website said that business customers can order at 6 or 7 AM, though I could be wrong, as my lack of sleep for almost 20 hours at that point may have had me making things up.

According to their (Verizon) twitter, they say 7AM EDT.

Last edited by boxermansr; Sep 14, 2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:57 AM   #74
zachnelson
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I don't think they can submit orders til like 6AM (from what I've read elsewhere at least), but if they do, great. I asked the girl I spoke to if they normally work these hours, or if it was due to the iPhone 5 launch, and she said that it was due to this, and that she definitely doesn't work these hours normally, which sucks, but I guess someone has to be there to help, right.

I had no issue, amazingly, placing the order, or keeping unlimited data, I just hope the credit card deal doesn't hold it up, though I don't imagine it will, if it does I'll have to go stand in line in a foul ass mood.
Do you know if the 6AM is Pacific, EST or what?
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:57 AM   #75
BFizzzle
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Turk View Post
Same here. Ordered 32gb Black. I'm porting my number over from AT&T. Hope it works. Received my order confirmation email, with delivery on 9/21.
sweet, i ditched AT&T too. those scumbags. haha I left my "unlimited" data behind too.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone