Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:46 AM   #101
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyGreggie View Post
Tried to call Verizon Wireless to talk to telesales and keep my unlimited data but they are closed ill call again at 8am
Good luck! Apple is already sold out of all models! I am sure the carriers are soon to follow.
Frasern1 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:46 AM   #102
Vegasryn
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71 View Post
That article doesn't say anything about the Verizon iPhone not having a SIM card slot. It says that they won't and can't use current SIM's, and that's true; they can only use nano SIMS.
My order confirmation says "embedded sim" in the description
__________________
I'd Love To Make A Signature, But I Don't See A Place To Sign
Vegasryn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:47 AM   #103
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasryn View Post
My order confirmation says "embedded sim" in the description
I think that just means your phone is coming with a SIM in the SIM tray already.
Frasern1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:52 AM   #104
Vegasryn
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasern1 View Post
I think that just means your phone is coming with a SIM in the SIM tray already.
quite possibly what that means..i can't imagine they would have a different chassis without sim card slot strictly for CDMA folk
__________________
I'd Love To Make A Signature, But I Don't See A Place To Sign
Vegasryn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:54 AM   #105
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegasryn View Post
quite possibly what that means..i can't imagine they would have a different chassis without sim card slot strictly for CDMA folk
Like I said if they actually embedded it into the board of the phone that would upset so many people and it would be so crazy inconvenient. I am pretty sure we will just be getting SIM's preinstalled so we don't have to worry about it.
Frasern1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:54 AM   #106
HeyGreggie
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasern1 View Post
Good luck! Apple is already sold out of all models! I am sure the carriers are soon to follow.
guess I gotta chance it. That or just simply stand in line come next Friday
HeyGreggie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:55 AM   #107
ROLLTIDE1
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
I am trying to buy it at full retail price and still don't have the option to chose existing plan and keep unlimited data any ideas ?
ROLLTIDE1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:58 AM   #108
ECUpirate44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
I used a friends account and his upgrade to buy the phone. I ordered using the iPhone app. The shipping address is not his billing address on his Verizon account, I used my billing address to process my debit card... I then went back on Verizon.com and changed his billing address to the same billing address associated with my debit card. Is my order going to be canceled?

I assume if I set all of the addresses to the billing address of my card (Verizon billing address, iPhone 5 order billing address and shipping address) Then theres no way it would be canceled right?
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:59 AM   #109
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
I used a friends account and his upgrade to buy the phone. I ordered using the iPhone app. The shipping address is not his billing address on his Verizon account, I used my billing address to process my debit card... I then went back on Verizon.com and changed his billing address to the same billing address associated with my debit card. Is my order going to be canceled?
If it went through probably not...I would go here and submit a ticket:https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp or call them.
Frasern1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:03 AM   #110
Clemson39
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
I didn't get a order confirmation is that normal I ordered at like 3:15
Clemson39 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:03 AM   #111
ECUpirate44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasern1 View Post
If it went through probably not...I would go here and submit a ticket:https://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/contact/email.jsp or call them.
Yeah it went through np, but i've head of them canceling orders in the past that didnt have matching information. I'd submit a ticket, but they wont even talk to me because i'm not on the account of the person whoes upgrade I used. (They just gave me all of their information.)
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:04 AM   #112
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemson39 View Post
I didn't get a order confirmation is that normal I ordered at like 3:15
It can take up to 24 hours.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ECUpirate44 View Post
Yeah it went through np, but i've head of them canceling orders in the past that didnt have matching information. I'd submit a ticket, but they wont even talk to me because i'm not on the account of the person whoes upgrade I used. (They just gave me all of their information.)
I thought that was really only a problem with ATT and ordering from Apple...I see your dilemma though I guess get your friend to call lol
Frasern1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:04 AM   #113
wacomme
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
I ordered three phones to a new Verizon plan. It appears they will be delivered 9/21. To simplify matters, I ordered new phone numbers. Can I port our T-Mobile numbers to these phone at a later date - say after two days of testing service in my home area?
wacomme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:05 AM   #114
Vegasryn
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacomme View Post
I ordered three phones to a new Verizon plan. It appears they will be delivered 9/21. To simplify matters, I ordered new phone numbers. Can I port our T-Mobile numbers to these phone at a later date - say after two days of testing service in my home area?

as long as the tmobile number(s) are still active you can port at any time
__________________
I'd Love To Make A Signature, But I Don't See A Place To Sign
Vegasryn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:09 AM   #115
wacomme
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Thank you. I was a little worried about ordering phones with new numbers.

Also, if I want AppleCare+ on these phones, how do I get it? Verizon only wanted to sell me their warranties.
wacomme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:10 AM   #116
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by wacomme View Post
Thank you. I was a little worried about ordering phones with new numbers.

Also, if I want AppleCare+ on these phones, how do I get it? Verizon only wanted to sell me their warranties.
Apple will have an option to do it after the phones come out.
Frasern1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:13 AM   #117
Jeff5886
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Track orders here: (From another post in the forums)

https://preorder.verizonwireless.com...cSearchInit.do
Jeff5886 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:15 AM   #118
christyn
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake
For anyone who had a "pending credit approval" message... I called CS (just kept pressing 0 until I got someone) and gave them the credit application number and calling expedited the process and they reviewed/approved the order and just got my order confirmation.
christyn is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:23 AM   #119
er2429
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Still no confirmation email from Verizon!??! Anyone still waiting on one?
er2429 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:24 AM   #120
ECUpirate44
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC
Wow can't even call Apple to make sure my order doesnt get canceled.
ECUpirate44 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:29 AM   #121
bryanlanning
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by christyn View Post
For anyone who had a "pending credit approval" message... I called CS (just kept pressing 0 until I got someone) and gave them the credit application number and calling expedited the process and they reviewed/approved the order and just got my order confirmation.
Can you please let us know what number you've called? I'm a new customer, and have tried a couple different ones and am getting no where! I really want to expedite this so I don't have to wait weeks!

Thanks!
bryanlanning is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:33 AM   #122
christyn
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanlanning View Post
can you please let us know what number you've called? I'm a new customer, and have tried a couple different ones and am getting no where! I really want to expedite this so i don't have to wait weeks!

Thanks!
1-800-922-0204
christyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:36 AM   #123
bryanlanning
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by christyn View Post
1-800-922-0204
Hmm... Well I didn't try that one but I just did and still got the same message about calling back. Guess I'll wait 25 minutes.

When I call and they approve my order, does it have the same seniority as it did when I ordered, or when they approved it? Just curious because Apple is already sold out for 2 weeks and I don't know about Verizons but if that's any indication than I can't be without a phone for that long.
bryanlanning is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:39 AM   #124
Frasern1
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanlanning View Post
Hmm... Well I didn't try that one but I just did and still got the same message about calling back. Guess I'll wait 25 minutes.

When I call and they approve my order, does it have the same seniority as it did when I ordered, or when they approved it? Just curious because Apple is already sold out for 2 weeks and I don't know about Verizons but if that's any indication than I can't be without a phone for that long.
Not sure but Verizon's website is still showing delivered by the 21st so they still have stock.
Frasern1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:39 AM   #125
christyn
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Salt Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanlanning View Post
Hmm... Well I didn't try that one but I just did and still got the same message about calling back. Guess I'll wait 25 minutes.

When I call and they approve my order, does it have the same seniority as it did when I ordered, or when they approved it? Just curious because Apple is already sold out for 2 weeks and I don't know about Verizons but if that's any indication than I can't be without a phone for that long.
The rep made a point of telling me it held my place despite the order being on hold and I got my order confirmation within 10 mins of hanging up with a 9/21 deliver date.
christyn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Apple.com Preorder Status Thread (merged) Geckotek iPhone 8716 Sep 9, 2014 11:12 PM
Verizon Business iPhone 5 Preorder Status Thread griffinmeyer iPhone 5 Sep 22, 2012 04:51 PM
64gb iPhone 5 AT&T Preorder Status thieverycorp. iPhone 0 Sep 18, 2012 11:23 AM
Switching from AT&T to Verizon. How to preorder the new iPhone. Smileyboy iPhone 25 Sep 13, 2012 07:31 PM
Canadian iPhone 5 Preorder/Shipping Status simplymuzik3 iPhone 1 Sep 12, 2012 03:28 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:08 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC