Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 14, 2012, 05:04 AM   #1
VaughanHeppe
macrumors newbie

MacTubes help please??

Hi,

I'm using osx 10.6.8, and I have MacTubes 3.1.4. I've been able to use MacTubes until earlier this morning.. Since then, when I try to open movies with it, it says "403" in the lower bar and the screen remains black. I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling it, restarting my computer, trying other downloading applications (didn't work - "ImTOO" worked.. but the audio was messed up).

I've searched for possible explanations online, and the only thing that seems to make sense is if YouTube has hindered the ability for these downloading applications to work. If that's the case, how long will it take for the creators to alter the application accordingly? If that's not the case, what can I do to get this working?

Thanks a lot if you know,
Vaughan
VaughanHeppe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 02:36 PM   #2
WGD
macrumors newbie

I'm also having an issue with v 3.14 on OS 10.8.1. I can play a video, but I can't download it. The error is: Download failed Error - The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSURLErrorDomain error -1102.)...
WGD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 01:11 AM   #3
VaughanHeppe
macrumors newbie

yeah this needs to be resolved somehow... :/
VaughanHeppe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:41 AM   #4
damax99
macrumors newbie

I had the same problem. Googled around and from "macupdate mactubes", found the link to the developer web site http://macapps.sakura.ne.jp/mactubes/index_en.html, and downloaded version 3.1.5 that fixed the problem. It works for me.
damax99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:44 AM   #5
WGD
macrumors newbie

Also fixed it for me! THANK YOU to the developer!
WGD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2013, 01:14 PM   #6
hjkapl
macrumors newbie

Similar but tougher fix? Help, please!

I only have OS 10.4.11. I downloaded MacTubes 3.1.6. I am guessing they are not compatible cause while I can get the player to play, the lower left button (icon) I need to use to download a file remains faint and will not do anything if I click on it.

Is there a different version of MacTubes I should be using? Will MacTubes work for me at all? Is there some other suggestion as to what software I can use to download from YouTube onto my mac that is also free (and relatively simplistic)?

Many, many thanks for any/all assistance!
hjkapl is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store