Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
I know this has been answered and there's even multiple topics on it, but I'm reading conflicting information.

After the Apple preorders are processed, it will allow me to change the shipping address. Does this work? Some say you can only ship to your billing address. Some say you can change it without problems and it ships fine.

So, what's the skinny?

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
some are getting an email confirmation of updating their shipping address. I'm still waitin to be able to edit my shipping address. ordered this morning at 7am CST.

erratikmind

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2009
S.F./Las Vegas
Yes, I changed my shipping address earlier this morning when my order hit the processing stage. Shortly after that, I received an e-mail from Apple confirming the changes.

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
Also changed mine this morning as well. Got an email verifying shipping change right after. Obviously just don't hit the cancel button! :p

eleite

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2012
On apple.com, I've been able to change my billing address, but it has NOT reflected the updated address on my order status. =\ Hopefully Apple is smart enough to bill the latest address associated with the account. :(

kanshu

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
I've changed my shipping info on Apple's website. You have to do it on your order and not on your account information.

Weird thing is... I've got an email notification that I did update my shipping info on my order BUT there was an additional incorrect info:

1111 Example Street
LOS ANGELES
REDONDO BEACH, CA

Los Angeles shouldn't be there. I contacted Apple through phone but phone lines are so busy and I was on hold for 30 minutes but I had to hung up because I'm at work.

I was able to chat with an Apple CS online and said to not worry about it Since all my information are there.. I beg to differ.. It bothers me that my address is incorrect still..

CS rep said that if I my address on ATT is correct the system will pull my information on my carrier's account anyway. I told the CS rep that I do have my information correct on ATT.. but still I don't like having the extra "Los Angeles" line in there..

We'll see how this goes next week i guess.

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
I've changed my shipping info on Apple's website. You have to do it on your order and not on your account information.

Weird thing is... I've got an email notification that I did update my shipping info on my order BUT there was an additional incorrect info:

1111 Example Street
LOS ANGELES
REDONDO BEACH, CA

Los Angeles shouldn't be there. I contacted Apple through phone but phone lines are so busy and I was on hold for 30 minutes but I had to hung up because I'm at work.

I was able to chat with an Apple CS online and said to not worry about it Since all my information are there.. I beg to differ.. It bothers me that my address is incorrect still..

CS rep said that if I my address on ATT is correct the system will pull my information on my carrier's account anyway. I told the CS rep that I do have my information correct on ATT.. but still I don't like having the extra "Los Angeles" line in there..

Mine says

1111 Example Street
SACRAMENTO
ELK GROVE, CA

Elk Grove is not in Sacramento and I live 15 minutes away from that city.

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
I know this has been answered and there's even multiple topics on it, but I'm reading conflicting information.

After the Apple preorders are processed, it will allow me to change the shipping address. Does this work? Some say you can only ship to your billing address. Some say you can change it without problems and it ships fine.

So, what's the skinny?

Not a problem, when I ordered my 4 I had it changed after the preorder to ship to my office. I honestly can't remember if I called Apple or did it online, but either way I had it on Day 0, so you'll be fine.

bengle3rt

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Yes, I changed my shipping address earlier this morning when my order hit the processing stage. Shortly after that, I received an e-mail from Apple confirming the changes.

How long does it take for it to go from "We have received your order" to "Processing"? Do you get an email notifying you that it moved into Processing?

Also, what happens to the sales tax if you change the shipping address to one in a different state? Will they charge/refund any difference?

euvnairb

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2010
Goleta, CA

1111 Example Street
LOS ANGELES
REDONDO BEACH, CA

I think they simply specify the nearest major metro area to you. Mine said something similar when I changed the shipping address.

iSlanderous

macrumors regular
Jul 17, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
"Your order is being processed. Please try again shortly. To make changes to your default shipping information, go to Your Account."

Every time I click to edit my shipping address it does this! I have changed my default shipping too..

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
The Los Angeles and Sacremento you're seeing is your county....

This...

Its just matching your zip code to your county or parish. No need to call Apple. As long as the address minus that addition is correct, your fine.:)

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
"Your order is being processed. Please try again shortly. To make changes to your default shipping information, go to Your Account."

Every time I click to edit my shipping address it does this! I have changed my default shipping too..

You have to wait until your order gets to the "processing" phase to be able to change it. Like the others, I changed mine and shorty after receiver an email with the confirmation.

Last edited:

kanshu

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2012
This...

Its just matching your zip code to your county or parish. No need to call Apple. As long as the address minus that addition is correct, your fine.:)

Yes Redondo Beach is in Greater Los Angeles County.

They could have put in "Los Angeles County" instead..

Whew, at least I know I'm safe.

Not sure how smart delivery people are.. Heck, I even still get my neighbor's mail every now and then and deliver it my self.

BrandonHacks

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2012
Texas
When entering my info on sprint they had automatically made corrections which one of them being my home number. So instead of 4109 it's now 410.. Idk how this is going to work now:/ hope I can change it soon.

quagmire

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2004
You have to wait until your order gets to the "processing" phase to be able to change it. Like the others, I changed mine and shorty after receiver an email with the confirmation.

Mine is at the processing phase, but it still gives me that message.

And I can't even stay on hold with calling Apple. It says, "Screw off, we're busy" and hangs up.

AlPlPlLE

macrumors regular
Jan 10, 2012
How long does it take for it to go from "We have received your order" to "Processing"? Do you get an email notifying you that it moved into Processing?

Also, what happens to the sales tax if you change the shipping address to one in a different state? Will they charge/refund any difference?

I got an email 5-10min after my order saying it was processing.

And as for the sales tax, I would assume if the tax in the area you changed to is not the same it will cause it to go through some sort of process. With all of the issues people are having logging into things and their accounts right now, I personally wouldn't risk it.

raam89

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2011
The Golden state
same thing happened to me too.

Mine says

SANTA CLARA
mountain view CA

in the email. But my order page in apple store doesn't show the incorrect "santa clara" . Nothing to worry about, I guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.