Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 3, 2013, 10:01 PM   #1
MikeNaks
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5s finger print sensor not working

If you go in settings>restrictions>Require password
And change it from 15 minutes to immediately. In the app store the touch id is not going to work. Also you would have to put your password, even for updates.
MikeNaks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2013, 11:58 PM   #2
edhchoe
macrumors regular

It is a known bug.
edhchoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2013, 12:48 PM   #3
cmichaelb
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhchoe View Post
It is a known bug.
That's how my phone is set up and it works perfectly fine.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 02:54 PM   #4
ngocnguyen
macrumors member

If you just washed your hands and your hands are slightly damp...or even sweaty fingers, it will not recognize immediately..takes several attempts or just removing your finger and trying again.

I've had several attempts where my 5S wouldn't recognize my print 3 attempts in a row so I had to input my password manually.
ngocnguyen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2013, 07:21 PM   #5
kevpan815
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kevpan815
You do realize that Security Experts have already found flaws in Apple's Finger Print Security Technology and they recommend that you use the old fashioned 4 digit pass code to unlock your IPhone 5S don't you? Saw it on the 10 o'clock local news a few weeks ago here in Chicago on CBS 2 Chicago Local News.
kevpan815 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:54 PM   #6
Fission
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
You do realize that Security Experts have already found flaws in Apple's Finger Print Security Technology and they recommend that you use the old fashioned 4 digit pass code to unlock your IPhone 5S don't you? Saw it on the 10 o'clock local news a few weeks ago here in Chicago on CBS 2 Chicago Local News.
The flaws are so elaborate that they might as well NOT be flaws...
Fission is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2013, 12:01 AM   #7
Spacial
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
The fingerprint sensor was a smart move. It's this years Siri. Throngs of Apple enthusiasts love the bragging rights they get from this. It's a well practiced technique that works every time. Even if Apple wasn't the first to have it, the company will convince their followers it's better than any other.
Spacial is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:13 AM   #8
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNaks View Post
If you go in settings>restrictions>Require password
And change it from 15 minutes to immediately. In the app store the touch id is not going to work. Also you would have to put your password, even for updates.
Are you certain you have fingerprint for iTunes turned on. Because it isn't just the time needed for the password. There's a specific toggle that needs to be activated. Otherwise you are just asking for being asked for your password all the time.

Also keep in mind that if you reboot your device or go more than a set period (I believe it's 48 hours general use and 24 for the store) you will be asked again.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone