Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Okay, I ordered three iPhone 5's this morning. Was able to give 9/21 delivery on two of them. Third was for daughter and her delivery says 2 weeks. Needless to say, she is disappointed she won't get hers when we get ours. Can I go to Apple Store next Friday, stand in line and get one from the store and then cancel the online order for her phone? If so, do I have to cancel before I go to the store? How does it work as far as getting the $199 upgrade price? I hate to see her disappointed and am willing to go stand in line if it means she will get hers a week earlier.

Jnyce

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
Okay, I ordered three iPhone 5's this morning. Was able to give 9/21 delivery on two of them. Third was for daughter and her delivery says 2 weeks. Needless to say, she is disappointed she won't get hers when we get ours. Can I go to Apple Store next Friday, stand in line and get one from the store and then cancel the online order for her phone? If so, do I have to cancel before I go to the store? How does it work as far as getting the $199 upgrade price? I hate to see her disappointed and am willing to go stand in line if it means she will get hers a week earlier.

i think you would have to cancel that order for your daughter because you technically used the upgrade. If you got to store with he order active they might say you have to pay full price.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
i think you would have to cancel that order for your daughter because you technically used the upgrade. If you got to store with he order active they might say you have to pay full price.

I wonder if I can cancel it while in the store? I'd hate to cancel it and then find out I can't get one from the Apple Store. I wouldn't go to this much trouble, but it is a birthday present for her.

Jnyce

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
I wonder if I can cancel it while in the store? I'd hate to cancel it and then find out I can't get one from the Apple Store. I wouldn't go to this much trouble, but it is a birthday present for her.

why not call your service provider?

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Because I ordered the phone at apple.com. I guess I'm hoping I can go next Friday and if they have availability, I can get the Apple Store folks to let me stand there with the new phone while I call apple.com, cancel and wait the time for the cancelation to filter back to AT&T, so I can then buy the one in the store. I may go by my Apple Store tomorrow and ask them if this is something they would allow.

transam7816

macrumors regular
Mar 7, 2008
Since it's for her birthday give her one of the phones coming in time and wait for the other one for you..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.