Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:50 AM   #1
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
iPhone 5 Tysons Corner, VA

So who's lining up for the iPhone 5 here?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:00 AM   #2
freudianfix
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix Pix View Post
So who's lining up for the iPhone 5 here?
I'm planning to line up but I'm not sure what time to get there.
freudianfix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:52 AM   #3
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

I am uncertain about that, too. I do recall that they won't let us into the mall itself until 5:30 AM, so prior to that we will need to stand around outside, which is fine if the weather is okay. Once in the mall, we'll at least be out of the elements.....
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:14 PM   #4
dopke
macrumors newbie

What entrance/garage door do you line up at? I plan on being there Friday morning as well...
dopke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:53 PM   #5
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

When you come in the International Drive entrance, park in the garage which is at the left, and that entrance is the one at which we've lined up before since it is the closest to the Apple store.

Last edited by Clix Pix; Sep 18, 2012 at 02:59 PM.
Clix Pix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:09 PM   #6
regeisler
macrumors newbie

iPhone5 Launch

Hey..I worked for Apple during the 3G launch, was there for the 3Gs launch and iPad2 launch. The lines were crazy! Ive gotten there around 5:30-6am all time, and the lines weren't that bad. I was at Fair Oaks for the iPhone4 launch, and i got there at 8am, and didnt leave until after 3pm!!!

You will wanna park in the parking garage closest to the Chipotle (across the street from Silver Diner) if you are familiar with the mall, its the entrance directly in front of Ann Taylor.

See you all there!!!!
regeisler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:08 PM   #7
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

I couldn't remember the name of that restaurant -- thank you! Yes, when you see Chipotle you park in the garage that is adjacent.....
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:12 AM   #8
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

I was there yesterday... I don't think there is a chipotle anymore.. Pls correct me if I am wrong... There is a pseudo chipotle and the burger joint there at terrace A....

Also what time you guys trying to get there? Might be nice to grab spots together to hold spots just in case some needs to use the bathroom.

Also what's the earliest time we can park and line up? I hear that they are pretty crazy about letting u park too early on Tyson's
Thrillafmmanila is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:18 AM   #9
regeisler
macrumors newbie

The chipotle might be gone. It's been awhile since I've been to that end of the mall. Apple is really as far as I get! the mall usually is a pain..however since this is a launch, they shouldn't be. If there is no parking on that main level of the garage, the top portions of the garages are unlocked. I'm planing on getting there around 3 or so and waiting outside until the doors open around 5:30. Since I used to work at the mall, I might know of some other doors that will be opened, and I might try that (depending on weather)! Hope to see you all there!!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:59 AM   #10
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

I'll meet you there around 3 am if u want the company.. Hopefully they will let us on the premesis. I heard security was pretty uptight with people even parking that early...

I'll probably bring a box or 2 of donuts..

Last edited by Thrillafmmanila; Sep 20, 2012 at 08:08 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:03 AM   #11
regeisler
macrumors newbie

Hey! Company is always nice! I know it's early..so that's up to you.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:12 AM   #12
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

Lol 3am is not that early I'll be the guy with the donuts.. Hopefully if I find a dunkin donuts open that early..
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:43 AM   #13
Matias1265
macrumors newbie

Chipotle moved to the main entrance, by elevation burger, panera, ect. Park by the entrance where silver diner/ Capitol one bank! I think 3am is perfect, that's the time I'm going! I just hope there's no line at that time lol
Matias1265 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:34 PM   #14
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

Holler if you get there earlier and security gives u a hardtime.. I gave them a call earlier today and they were giving me a run around saying that doors open at 5 am and they don't want people camping/sleeping in their cars..Etc waiting outside.... Asked what they considered camping .. And they said anything before 5 am... I doubt they will stop people lining up after. 430 am..

If you guys have any experience lining up here before feel free to chime in...

I'll post here when I get there tonight too And if I run into any issues with the guards if I get there before u guys
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:48 PM   #15
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Last time I was there for an early-morning iPhone launch, a friend and I arrived at around 4:30 AM and we were allowed to stand in line on the sidewalk outside. They let us in the mall at either 5:00 or 5:30, don't recall which now. That was for the iPhone 4, two years ago.

When I was there for the iPad launch this past spring they were working on the doorway entrance to the mall,the one we would normally go in, and so we were not allowed to line up on the sidewalk there as we had done in the past. Instead, we were permitted to hang out in the garage and then eventually were told to line up outside another entrance, to which we all walked, and then were let into the mall in groups of ten or fifteen. We also were given wrist bands, and that was the first time that had occurred. Again it was either 5:00 or 5:30 when we were allowed inside the mall. Then we had the usual long wait until 8:00.....
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:59 PM   #16
freudianfix
macrumors newbie

The restaurant by the entrance and garage terrace A is called Cava Mezze Grill.

I was thinking of getting there around 2. I have several good friends that work at the Apple store and none of them mentioned the possibility of issues with mall security.

I'm hoping to get an update about the logistics for waiting in line. I'll let you guys know.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:27 PM   #17
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianfix View Post
The restaurant by the entrance and garage terrace A is called Cava Mezze Grill.

I was thinking of getting there around 2. I have several good friends that work at the Apple store and none of them mentioned the possibility of issues with mall security.

I'm hoping to get an update about the logistics for waiting in line. I'll let you guys know.
Hiya Freud any info from ur friends yet.. My buddies camping in Arlington right now are in spots 7, 8, and 9
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:31 PM   #18
freudianfix
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillafmmanila View Post
Hiya Freud any info from ur friends yet.. My buddies camping in Arlington right now are in spots 7, 8, and 9
Nothing definitive. He said based on what he knows and past experience, 3am should be fine. He's going to let me know more when he goes in for his overnight shift at 10pm.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:37 PM   #19
regeisler
macrumors newbie

anyone have an idea of Reston?

----------

Just called Reston..and they arnt allowing anyone to get in line untill 5! But..I'll be there around 3 if anyone would like to join. The mall is typicall cool with people waiting. Just as long as they don't get crazy!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:40 PM   #20
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by regeisler View Post
anyone have an idea of Reston?
I am actually closer to Reston.. Called their management earlier today too.. 4 am is the time they said people can line up... Not sure if they can enforce people not to camp... Apple store also said 5 for there.... I can peek at it around 1 am if u guys want me to swing by it on way to tysons

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianfix View Post
Nothing definitive. He said based on what he knows and past experience, 3am should be fine. He's going to let me know more when he goes in for his overnight shift at 10pm.
Sweet keep us updated pls.. Thinking about skipping the search for donuts.. Before driving there ..Feeling lazy

Last edited by Thrillafmmanila; Sep 20, 2012 at 06:48 PM.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:48 PM   #21
regeisler
macrumors newbie

I can try for doughnuts! There is a DD by my place! Just don't know if they will be open that early.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:48 PM   #22
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

One of my friends stopped in at the Tysons store today and he was told that they will have plenty of stock so that people coming early in the day should be able to get what they want..... That's encouraging!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:09 PM   #23
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by regeisler View Post
I can try for doughnuts! There is a DD by my place! Just don't know if they will be open that early.
I will post if I grab some on the way... So we don't buy too much.. I wouldn't doubt they will not be eaten by the other people in the crowd waiting... =)

@clixpix -- what time u rolling in?

Trying to get some shut eye but can't seem to sleep. .. Ugh
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:10 PM   #24
regeisler
macrumors newbie

I know what you mean. Been trying for the past hour or so!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 07:19 PM   #25
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Just talked to my friend again and we're meeting up there at around 4:00 AM. Aieeeeee!!!! Neither of us is a morning person but somehow this is.....well, special!

I'm charging the iPad right now so she'll be ready for action during lulls and times of boredom in line, and I'll be popping the iPhone 4 on the charger tonight when I am off to bed so she'll be ready, too..... It's always fun while in line to be able to jump into Macrumors and keep people abreast of how things are going. Definitely will be heading off to bed early tonight!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups