Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:49 AM   #51
freudianfix
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillafmmanila View Post
50 peeps already... First 50 are orange wrist bands.. Rest are green
Yeah, I just got here. Is there any reason for the color change? Or just ran out if orange.
freudianfix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 02:52 AM   #52
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianfix View Post
Yeah, I just got here. Is there any reason for the color change? Or just ran out if orange.
First 50 get free iPhone 5s

Sike... Not sure maybe they are switching every other 50 to keep an easier head count

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by freudianfix View Post
Btw that's regeisler next to u
Thrillafmmanila is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:09 AM   #53
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Location: 8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (Northern Virginia)
I am here, green wristband attached, #56! My friend hasn't arrived yet.....I called him, but had to leave a voicemail so I bet he is still in bed -- ack! I am really glad they are letting us in the building earlier than in the past, much nicer than standing out in the dark.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:39 AM   #54
dopke
macrumors newbie

Anyone know how quick they go through "one wave" of customers? Was hoping to get in and out by 9am to show up at work... Sitting at 60 in line.
dopke is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:40 AM   #55
regeisler
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopke View Post
Anyone know how quick they go through "one wave" of customers? Was hoping to get in and out by 9am to show up at work... Sitting at 60 in line.
Depends on how long the activations take. it varies.
regeisler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:41 AM   #56
freudianfix
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopke View Post
I know they're working with all hands on deck and they have between 100 and 120 employees, so you should be fine.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:51 AM   #57
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

Might actually try to make a donut run when the guy next to me gets back ... Any special requests on donuts .., the security guard lady said there was one nearby...
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:44 AM   #58
pritz
macrumors newbie

I just woke up and can't decide which mall tysons or fair oaks mall? How is tysons line right now?
pritz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:54 AM   #59
freudianfix
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritz View Post
I just woke up and can't decide which mall tysons or fair oaks mall? How is tysons line right now?
Probably close to 100
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:02 AM   #60
TheSeller
macrumors newbie

I have an extra number to sell if anyone is interested

----------

At Tyson's Mall
TheSeller is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:50 AM   #61
sbk2006
macrumors newbie

So I m at the end of the line for now a few more people have come since I arrived at 530, I think there are about 150 to 200 people here.
sbk2006 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:58 AM   #62
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Staff came around........already out of black 64 GB AT&T........ Loads of white if people want those, though. I compromised with a 32 GB.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:59 AM   #63
freudianfix
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clix Pix View Post
Staff came around........already out of black 64 GB AT&T........ Loads of white if people want those, though. I compromised with a 32 GB.
They have tons of Verizon phones left
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:01 AM   #64
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
How long of a line is it there? Can you post any pics?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:01 AM   #65
Macsteelerfan
macrumors newbie

Reston line is getting long.. Probably 200+ good news is Apple guys came out and said they have enough for what's in line so far.
Macsteelerfan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:05 AM   #66
freudianfix
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
How long of a line is it there? Can you post any pics?
It's wrapped around the circular railing right outside of the store, then goes from the corner of diesel to the door and then back almost up to Michael Kors. Probably about 200 people.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:16 AM   #67
fazworld
macrumors newbie

Anyone in the Reston line have an idea how many employees are in the store and how long they'll take to go through the line? I'll probably be there at 9am and I'm trying to get an idea on how long it will take. Hopefully they'll still have 32gb versions available..
fazworld is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:21 AM   #68
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

Tyson's line isn't bad at all.., I took a peek at the end ... I think they should go by all 200 within an hour or 2
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:28 AM   #69
Stephen1025
macrumors newbie

Ahhh wish I could be here!
Went for the 3GS launch last day of junior year of high school, went for the 4 launch the day after graduation.

Now, I'm stuck at my third year in this college thing at JMU when the 5 comes out.
And of course, some diva professor decides to schedule an 8am accounting exam. 8am. Today. Like...nooo!

Going to try Harrisonburg AT&T once the test is over.
But even if they have it, it just won't have the same feeling. I liked being part of the big crowd, it was just way more exciting that way.

Crazy question, but anyone think by 11 they'll still have any in stock? That's how long it would take me to get there after the exam haha.
Stephen1025 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:34 AM   #70
Thrillafmmanila
macrumors newbie

Tyson's might they had a ton of redeem cards... Just not too many of the 64gb ones
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:36 AM   #71
Stephen1025
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillafmmanila View Post
Tyson's might they had a ton of redeem cards... Just not too many of the 64gb ones
I'd either be getting a 16 or 32GB AT&T version.
Suppose if nobody has it, I'll take a look into the Lumia 920. Absolutely love that phone. Plus I have $50 in MS Gift Cards from losing that Windows Phone challenge at the MS Store in Tyson's twice.
Stephen1025 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 07:53 AM   #72
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

What's the word on usb-lightning cable & the lighting adapter @ Tyson's?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:24 AM   #73
Clix Pix
macrumors Demi-Goddess

Word on ALL accessories: NADA. NONE. ZIP. ZERO. They had NO extra cables, NO adapters, NO cases, nothing except the iPhone itself and Applecare + to sell us..... Amazing! My friend was disappointed because they ran out of the 64 GB black AT&T just prior to getting to us in the line. I went with the 32 GB because I knew that I could do OK with that capacity -- have lived with it in the iPhone 4 for over two years -- and I wasn't going to come home empty-handed after being there at 3:00 AM!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:32 AM   #74
leenak
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Word on ALL accessories: NADA. NONE. ZIP. ZERO. They had NO extra cables, NO adapters, NO cases, nothing except the iPhone itself and Applecare + to sell us..... Amazing! My friend was disappointed because they ran out of the 64 GB black AT&T just prior to getting to us in the line. I went with the 32 GB because I knew that I could do OK with that capacity -- have lived with it in the iPhone 4 for over two years -- and I wasn't going to come home empty-handed after being there at 3:00 AM!
Damn. I really wanted a couple extra USB cables and was waiting to order online until I checked the stores. I pass by Tyson's on a semi-regular basis so was going to stalk there as well as the stores in MD.
leenak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:59 AM   #75
fazworld
macrumors newbie

Looks like Reston is out of 32 black AT&T. What about Tyson's? Anybody know?
fazworld is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups