Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chanerz

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Anybody waiting for their screen protectors? I've had them on my 3gs, 4, 4s and very good quality! Can't wait!

Blorzoga

macrumors 68030
May 21, 2010
The page for the anti-glare is up. I'm personally waiting on a crystal set.

I wonder how long it will take them to stock the films. The ipad3 took forever. And I doubt they will come in sets since the unsmooth back of the iphone5 does not lend itself to having a protector attached.

jargon51

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2010
Anybody waiting for their screen protectors? I've had them on my 3gs, 4, 4s and very good quality! Can't wait!

I too love them and have had them on all my iPhones and iPads. I will rock it without until they are ready.

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
My email reply from Power Support

I emailed them asking about the films for the iPhone 5.....Response below

'Hello --,
Thank you for your email inquiry. Power Support USA is excited to announce that we will be providing protection films for the iPhone 5.
Power Support USA films are custom made to device specifications and will begin development when the iPhone 5 is launched. We expect both our Crystal and Anti-Glare films to be available within 3-4 weeks after the launch of the iPhone 5 on 9/21 (mid-October). At this time, we are not taking pre-orders, but please check back on the website as it gets closer to the launch date.
If you're looking for immediate protection, our sister company, Tru Protection, will be offering Anti-Glare iPhone 5 films starting 9/21. These films are precisely cut, high quality and are manufactured and packaged in the US.
Please sign up for our newsletter to receive the most recent updates regarding the new films at http://www.powersupportusa.com or http://www.truprotection.com .
Thank you for your continued support!

Reps name
Power Support USA
1426 Flower St
Glendale, CA 91201'

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I like PS but SGP have been just as good so I am ordering the clear to have at least something on when my phone arrives. Will see what anti glare gets released...

trlyka

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2011
Wow :eek: The Spigen SGP is $27.99 which seems expensive for just one....

Most cases come with a cheap screen protector, so I'd probably use that until the PS is available. I just need to choose a case now :roll eyes:

Edit...I just read more about the SGP. I didn't realize it was made of glass. That's kind of neat. I never had issues with PS though.

thadoggfather

macrumors P6
Oct 1, 2007
I just bought a clear aduro pack of 3 for 3.99 shipped. I hope they don't have rainbow effect...c

Hotbod13

macrumors newbie
Mar 30, 2012
Since the back of the iPhone 5 is made of Aluminum are you going to put a screen protector like the Power Support on it? Or are you going to just use a case?

Archer1440

Suspended
Mar 10, 2012
USA
I've used power support cases since my second iPhone, the 3, and the films are the absolute best. However I always have bought the PS items in Japan, never from the (grossly overpriced) USA store. If I recall correctly PS in Japan had iPad 3 cases a couple months before the US vendor, and unlike the US vendor it was specific to the 3rd gen.

Tunewear also makes excellent phone shells.

As I'm going to Tokyo on Tuesday I will be looking to see if the cases for the 5 are available. Just have to suffer with the fact that my new phone will be sitting on my desk for a week before I get back!

chele519

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2012
I had PS in the past and was satisfied. I just recently went spigen SGP and couldn't be happier.

Are you using the Steinheil series or the Glas? I wanted to get power support but need something in the meantime. I was looking at the Ultra Crystal for $13.99. I was going to get BSE for now but I have it on my Blackberry and it does have the orange peel look, plus they won't be shipping until launch day. And I'm concerned about using the water on the iphone. Looks like the SGP is available to ship now so I might have it for Friday.

nlkccom

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2008
I've always used PS crystal on my 3 iPads. Love their smooth surface. This time I'm also getting it for my iPhone 5. But knowing PS, it will take a while before it is available.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I will still buy the PS once it is available.

How much do you guys think they'll be around 20 and some change w/ shipping and tax? I love them but I won't pay that much usually there are promo codes or specials once in a while so I'll wait for that if so

Markiie

macrumors 6502
Oct 10, 2011
Los Angeles, California.
Are you using the Steinheil series or the Glas? I wanted to get power support but need something in the meantime. I was looking at the Ultra Crystal for $13.99. I was going to get BSE for now but I have it on my Blackberry and it does have the orange peel look, plus they won't be shipping until launch day. And I'm concerned about using the water on the iphone. Looks like the SGP is available to ship now so I might have it for Friday.

I was had sp on my i devices. I went with sgp this time around since I can get the screen ASAP. 14 bucks vs 28. I want to see if impressed cause sp screens are pretty damn good...

Rizzm

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2012
The page for the anti-glare is up. I'm personally waiting on a crystal set.

Thanks for pointing this out. I'm waiting for the anti-glare with clear back combo. Much cheaper than other companies also.

I'm happy with my PowerSupport shields on my iPhone 4. Had it installed all 2 years I had the phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.