Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 14, 2012, 04:06 PM   #1
phixionalninja
macrumors member

Washington Square Mall, Tigard, OR (iPhone 5)

Anybody planning to line up at this location for the iPhone 5?

I'm currently on an iP4, where I was able to preorder for in-store pickup, and was a bit annoyed to see that wasn't an option this time (I take it that went away with the iP4S).

So: waiting with no phone reserved for me, and no idea how hard this location gets hit. I'm thinking 5am should be safe enough? Anybody been to this location for a launch?
phixionalninja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 08:28 AM   #2
krnboy503
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phixionalninja View Post

I'm currently on an iP4, where I was able to preorder for in-store pickup, and was a bit annoyed to see that wasn't an option this time (I take it that went away with the iP4S).

So: waiting with no phone reserved for me, and no idea how hard this location gets hit. I'm thinking 5am should be safe enough? Anybody been to this location for a launch?
I remember last year for the iPhone 4S there were at least 100+ around 5am. Best bet is to go before..but then again, it all depends on which provider, hard drive space you want and if they have enough inventory.
krnboy503 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 15, 2012, 11:53 AM   #3
phixionalninja
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krnboy503 View Post
I remember last year for the iPhone 4S there were at least 100+ around 5am. Best bet is to go before..but then again, it all depends on which provider, hard drive space you want and if they have enough inventory.
Thanks for the info! Given how much faster preorders sold out for this than the 4S, maybe I'll suck it up and go at 2 or 3am... or maybe I'll suck it up the opposite direction and take my chances at a more reasonable hour after a good night's sleep.
phixionalninja is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 06:31 AM   #4
krnboy503
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the info! Given how much faster preorders sold out for this than the 4S, maybe I'll suck it up and go at 2 or 3am... or maybe I'll suck it up the opposite direction and take my chances at a more reasonable hour after a good night's sleep.
do you work or go to school? I would go around midnight just to be safe... there will be a huge line at the entrance between Macy's and Cheesecake Factory
krnboy503 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 07:00 PM   #5
pdx-hawaii
macrumors newbie

Input

I missed early pre-order and would love to get this on Friday.. I did pre-order however eta is Oct 5.. My husband just finished up chemo and radiation and we are leaving on Sept 23 for a long needed vacation away from doctors and hospitials.. so I am hoping to get this at the store before we go.. Do you really think I need to be there at midnight? I hate to leave him alone that long and I know I can not bring him to wait in line like we would have a year ago.. Any advice would be welcomed. Maybe another store I should consider? Thanks in advance.
pdx-hawaii is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:00 PM   #6
engelke2010
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

How were you able to pre order for in store pickup? I thought it was for delivery only. At least that is what Apple told me. Dang!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:16 PM   #7
Sm0kEnDragon
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by engelke2010 View Post
How were you able to pre order for in store pickup? I thought it was for delivery only. At least that is what Apple told me. Dang!
He is talking about when iPhone 4 came out.
iPhone 5 you could not pre-order it for in-store pick up.
Sm0kEnDragon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:23 PM   #8
engelke2010
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sm0kEnDragon View Post
He is talking about when iPhone 4 came out.
iPhone 5 you could not pre-order it for in-store pick up.
I guess I need to put my glasses on! Geez!
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:28 PM   #9
cjt3007
macrumors member

I'll be there

Haha, I'll be in line this year. Last year I had to pre-order because I couldn't make it. This year I wasn't able to pre-order.

I'm lucky, because when they did reservations for the 4, I was able to skip a hundred people and practically became first in line. I'll probably be there around 1am, maybe a little earlier depending on how motivated I feel.

Hope to see you all there!
cjt3007 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:26 PM   #10
blehargh
macrumors newbie

Status?

How's the line looking now? How's the supply? are there any adapters for sale?
blehargh is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups