Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 14, 2012, 07:45 PM   #1
cwosigns
macrumors 6502a

Columbus, OH

I'll be queuing up at Easton. Anyone have a Polaris experience for launches? Security at Easton runs you u off before a certain time.
cwosigns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 09:01 PM   #2
hellspawn2
macrumors member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwosigns View Post
I'll be queuing up at Easton. Anyone have a Polaris experience for launches? Security at Easton runs you u off before a certain time.
See you there!!
hellspawn2 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Buckeye808
macrumors newbie

Polaris

I'll be at Polaris, I was very lonely the last time I did this for the verizon iphone 4 launch, but it was an overall pleasant experience. I doubt I'll be lonely for this one though, but they don't chase people out at Polaris.
Buckeye808 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 14, 2012, 11:16 PM   #4
cwosigns
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye808 View Post
I'll be at Polaris, I was very lonely the last time I did this for the verizon iphone 4 launch, but it was an overall pleasant experience. I doubt I'll be lonely for this one though, but they don't chase people out at Polaris.
How early did you line up at Polaris?
Old Sep 15, 2012, 07:28 AM   #5
Buckeye808
macrumors newbie

Polaris

I lined up right after the store's closing the night before. I called and asked yesterday to see if they're doing that again, and the worker seemed pretty convinced that was the case, but he told me to call back during the week this week to be sure.
Old Sep 15, 2012, 12:27 PM   #6
hellspawn2
macrumors member

Quote:
I lined up right after the store's closing the night before. I called and asked yesterday to see if they're doing that again, and the worker seemed pretty convinced that was the case, but he told me to call back during the week this week to be sure.
Ok Polaris sounds better!!! let me know i can do either or
Old Sep 16, 2012, 08:42 AM   #7
Buckeye808
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn2 View Post
Ok Polaris sounds better!!! let me know i can do either or
Will do, I'll call on Monday to see if they have that squared away and I'll post as soon as I know.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:58 AM   #8
hellspawn2
macrumors member

Quote:
Will do, I'll call on Monday to see if they have that squared away and I'll post as soon as I know.
Cool tks
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:15 AM   #9
cwosigns
macrumors 6502a

yeah. definitely keep us posted; i land on thursday night (late) from vegas and will probably go home, take a nap, and then go line up at easton or polaris.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:10 PM   #10
hellspawn2
macrumors member

Quote:
yeah. definitely keep us posted; i land on thursday night (late) from vegas and will probably go home, take a nap, and then go line up at easton or polaris.
Last time at Easton they wouldn't let us line up until midnight ish. I'm hoping Polaris will after close since its indoors
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:40 PM   #11
cwosigns
macrumors 6502a

Got the day off! No rush to head into the office after.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:04 PM   #12
PhoenixMac
macrumors 6502a

I'm glad I live in a small market that does not camp out the night before, it is nice being able to go to the bars and then hit up the Apple store when it closes at 3 a.m. and be in the top 5.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:36 PM   #13
hellspawn2
macrumors member

Quote:
Got the day off! No rush to head into the office after.
I'm with ya!! Already told mine I'm taking it off or work from home. Where are we going Easton or Polaris
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:39 PM   #14
cwosigns
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn2 View Post
I'm with ya!! Already told mine I'm taking it off or work from home. Where are we going Easton or Polaris
I'm torn. Part of me LIKES that security runs you off at Easton because you don't have to get there so early. But...if I can show up at Polaris and hang out and get an earlier spot in line...maybe.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:43 PM   #15
hellspawn2
macrumors member

Quote:
I'm torn. Part of me LIKES that security runs you off at Easton because you don't have to get there so early. But...if I can show up at Polaris and hang out and get an earlier spot in line...maybe.
Oh we still were there at midnight on 4 launch and ended up about 25 ish in line.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:47 AM   #16
Buckeye808
macrumors newbie

UPDATE: Talked to the Polaris Apple Store, they said they're doing things differently this time around. The mall will close and doors will open at 5am to wait outside the Apple Store. I'm still gonna head there because I feel like Polaris will get less traffic. Out of the two, I feel it's the one less traveled or so to speak. I'll probs get a decent night's sleep and be there at 3am to camp the outside doors.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:20 PM   #17
hellspawn2
macrumors member

Quote:
UPDATE: Talked to the Polaris Apple Store, they said they're doing things differently this time around. The mall will close and doors will open at 5am to wait outside the Apple Store. I'm still gonna head there because I feel like Polaris will get less traffic. Out of the two, I feel it's the one less traveled or so to speak. I'll probs get a decent night's sleep and be there at 3am to camp the outside doors.
Agreed.. I'll head to Polaris not sure what time though..
Old Sep 18, 2012, 01:03 PM   #18
Buckeye808
macrumors newbie

Yeah like I said, I'm thinking 3am but who knows. My girlfriend said she'd go with me whenever I wanted but I doubt any earlier than like 1am and that's pushing it. It'll get crowded but I don't think a real crowd will show up till 430/5.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 08:27 PM   #19
OSU-Apple-Fan
macrumors newbie

Polaris is the better way to go. Mall is more friendly, employees are friendlier (IMHO). You can wait outside whenever you want. Mall opens doors at 5am to allow for people to line up inside.
OSU-Apple-Fan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:09 PM   #20
macman4291
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSU-Apple-Fan View Post
Polaris is the better way to go. Mall is more friendly, employees are friendlier (IMHO). You can wait outside whenever you want. Mall opens doors at 5am to allow for people to line up inside.
I live on campus, I cant decide if I want to go to the Apple store or not...and then which one. I may just go to radioshack because no one will go there compared to ATT and apple stores
macman4291 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 11:58 PM   #21
Buckeye808
macrumors newbie

I'm not sure about RadioShack, they apparently have been taking in-store preorders but not guaranteeing phones on Friday, but rather on Monday. I'm from the campus area as well, but will be going to Polaris's Apple Store. It's the safe bet. They have the most stock so even if there's a line from midnight that gets super crazy by opening, it's safe to say that if you get there before at least 5am, you'll be going home with one.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:13 AM   #22
OSU-Apple-Fan
macrumors newbie

I agree with Buckeye808. In the past, the crowd vs. supply has been much better at Polaris. The issue with Radio Shack (and other 3rd parties) is that if they get any, its very few vs. hundreds at the Apple Stores. I've typically arrived about 2 hours before opening and had no issues getting the model I want. Could possibly even get there later, but may be a bit riskier given the demand that Apple is reporting.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:11 PM   #23
zsquared
macrumors newbie

I am going to be at Easton early thursday evening. I guess ill sit in my truck and nap till they let people line up. hope to see some of you there
zsquared is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:55 AM   #24
cwosigns
macrumors 6502a

Which entrance at Polaris do folks line up at? I am leaning toward Polaris now. I land around 11:30 PM. Was thinking I'd run home, take a nap and maybe get up around 4 AM, drive by the Easton store and if it looks crazy, head up to Polaris.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:16 AM   #25
OSU-Apple-Fan
macrumors newbie

It's the entrance by Von Maur.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups