Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
So I got a preorder through ATT and the ship date is 14-21 days. I just found out that Walmart will have preorders for pickup on launch date. I want to cancel my ATT order, but do you think that somehow that will screw up my subsidized purchase somehow?

And by "screw up", I mean any lag before walmart knows I cancelled so they don’t try to say that I already got my discount and not recognize my cancellation.
I mean... it IS Walmart and ATT. This combination is lethal.

I just don’t want to be told I can’t and then by the time it’s corrected, I miss out on the Sep 21st pickup and then possibly miss the 14-21 days and potentially delayed like 3 months now.

Ugh, 1st world issues.

Frasern1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 10, 2011
North Carolina
So I got a preorder through ATT and the ship date is 14-21 days. I just found out that Walmart will have preorders for pickup on launch date. I want to cancel my ATT order, but do you think that somehow that will screw up my subsidized purchase somehow?

And by "screw up", I mean any lag before walmart knows I cancelled so they don’t try to say that I already got my discount and not recognize my cancellation.
I mean... it IS Walmart and ATT. This combination is lethal.

I just don’t want to be told I can’t and then by the time it’s corrected, I miss out on the Sep 21st pickup and then possibly miss the 14-21 days and potentially delayed like 3 months now.

Ugh, 1st world issues.
There is no guarantee that Walmart will have your phone on the 21st. I would just cancel and go to an Apple or ATT store on the 21st if you really want it on launch day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.