Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:44 AM   #1
OneMike
macrumors 68040

The Falls Mall, Miami FL iPhone 5

Anyone planning on lining up here?

Would've purchased online but was undecided till late. If you went last year how were the lines at say 67AM?
OneMike is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:29 AM   #2
OMGbrandon
macrumors 6502

I'm debating whether apple store or just walk into ATT store.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:21 AM   #3
miguelq
macrumors regular

I went last year.

The people line up in the street across from the parking garage since the mall won't let you onsite. Security started walking everyone in around 715am. I would say there were a couple hundred people in line by 6am.
miguelq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:34 AM   #4
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelq View Post
I went last year.

The people line up in the street across from the parking garage since the mall won't let you onsite. Security started walking everyone in around 715am. I would say there were a couple hundred people in line by 6am.
Bigger line than I thought. Thanks for info.

Will take a look and see what happens.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:46 PM   #5
miguelq
macrumors regular

I am debating about showing up around 5am myself. It doesn't take long once you are in there.

Either that or try Saturday morning. Last year a friend of mind showed up a little early on Saturday and was out in less than an hour.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:20 PM   #6
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Quote:
I am debating about showing up around 5am myself. It doesn't take long once you are in there.

Either that or try Saturday morning. Last year a friend of mind showed up a little early on Saturday and was out in less than an hour.
I'm going to try 5AM.

That's time I go to the gym so I'm going to pass and see what it looks and get an idea at least.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:04 AM   #7
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Getting ready to pass by there now to see what it looks like.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 06:24 AM   #8
miguelq
macrumors regular

So what's the verdict? I didn't pass by, going tomorrow morning. Stopped by a couple of ATT stores and no more than 50 people in line.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 10:57 AM   #9
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Had a non smart phone as my temp device so couldn't update.

Got there at 6:30 or so. Line was wrapped around to victorias secret so basically like a big U. People weren't that tight though and they had it broken off in sections to not block the paths, so I'd say maybe 150+ people.

Got out of there close to 10. I happened to be grouped with some cool people so wasn't bad at all. Would've rather ordered online, but can't really complain.

I think a lot of people in the line had questions once they got inside. I compared my checkout to others and I was in and out in 2-3 minutes. Some ahead of me where still in when I left.

They handed out cards. I know 64GB models are sold out as that's what I got. ATT version.

Only could see 1 person in line for Sprint.

Pretty sure I could've just went into ATT later and picked one up, but was already there so w/e. Good luck!
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:23 PM   #10
miguelq
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMike View Post
Had a non smart phone as my temp device so couldn't update.

Got there at 6:30 or so. Line was wrapped around to victorias secret so basically like a big U. People weren't that tight though and they had it broken off in sections to not block the paths, so I'd say maybe 150+ people.

Got out of there close to 10. I happened to be grouped with some cool people so wasn't bad at all. Would've rather ordered online, but can't really complain.

I think a lot of people in the line had questions once they got inside. I compared my checkout to others and I was in and out in 2-3 minutes. Some ahead of me where still in when I left.

They handed out cards. I know 64GB models are sold out as that's what I got. ATT version.

Only could see 1 person in line for Sprint.

Pretty sure I could've just went into ATT later and picked one up, but was already there so w/e. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply. Most AT&T stores were out of stock by 10am. My wife is going by the apple store later today to try her luck. If she's not successful then I'll try my luck tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be as crowded as last year so I hope I can walk away with one tomorrow. Did you get black or white?
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:45 PM   #11
miguelq
macrumors regular

Wife just told me that The Falls is sold out of AT&T iPhones.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:58 PM   #12
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Most AT&T stores were out of stock by 10am. My wife is going by the apple store later today to try her luck. If she's not successful then I'll try my luck tomorrow. Doesn't seem to be as crowded as last year so I hope I can walk away with one tomorrow. Did you get black or white?
Went with black.

Originally had a white 4S, before I sold it. Funny that those I was grouped with had a white 4 or 4S. They were going back to black as well. From what I was able to hear and see from card handouts overall that seemed to be the more popular choice today.

Was cool that the apple employees were walking around the lines with iPhone 5's so you could test them out and everything.
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:58 PM   #13
miguelq
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMike View Post
Went with black.

Originally had a white 4S, before I sold it. Funny that those I was grouped with had a white 4 or 4S. They were going back to black as well. From what I was able to hear and see from card handouts overall that seemed to be the more popular choice today.

Was cool that the apple employees were walking around the lines with iPhone 5's so you could test them out and everything.
I think a lot of people are going with Black. I also had a white 4S but with the iPhone 5 the black looks a lot better. I'm going to try my luck tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll come back home a happy man!
Old Sep 22, 2012, 07:40 AM   #14
miguelq
macrumors regular

Went to the apple store this morning and there was almost no one in line. But when I actually walked to the entrance I found out why... No ATT iphone. They said to try back later today. I'll try one more time... If i can't find it today I'll wait until next week.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 08:17 AM   #15
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Went to the apple store this morning and there was almost no one in line. But when I actually walked to the entrance I found out why... No ATT iphone. They said to try back later today. I'll try one more time... If i can't find it today I'll wait until next week.
Might go by there again today. Forgot to check if they had any Lightning to USB Cables. Could definitely use an extra.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:35 PM   #16
miguelq
macrumors regular

Still no luck for me today. Several ATT stores had then but would not sell at the no contract price. Guess I'll try again on Monday.
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:41 PM   #17
MMM.PWR
macrumors 6502

What's up neighbors. They should have lightning to usb no problem. What I'm waiting for is the 30pin to lightning (as we all are.) All stores (Apple) are sold out. Not that I'm looking for a second. But mine came with a little nick so I got it replaced today at the falls. I had an appt, and the "genius" was pretty cool about it. We went through a couple before finding a flawless one.

Definitely happy now. by the way, these new replacements are not for sale, so if you call, they will tell you "out of stock."
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:17 AM   #18
Felix Martinez
macrumors newbie

The Falls Apple Store is still sold out of the AT&T iPhone 5. They've been out since Friday afternoon. Poor inventory planning IMHO.
Felix Martinez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:17 AM   #19
miguelq
macrumors regular

Called a couple of places today in South Florida and still nothing. Apple store has no stock.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 12:08 PM   #20
miguelq
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix Martinez View Post
The Falls Apple Store is still sold out of the AT&T iPhone 5. They've been out since Friday afternoon. Poor inventory planning IMHO.
It wasn't this bad last year. I remember a couple of friends showing up on Saturday morning and picking up a phone after waiting a couple of hours. I don't want to call every day but I may not have a choice.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:02 PM   #21
MMM.PWR
macrumors 6502

Sounds like way too much hassle for me. Why didn't you just preorder?
Old Sep 23, 2012, 01:11 PM   #22
Felix Martinez
macrumors newbie

Never seen it this bad either.

Reason for not pre-ordering is since iPhone 2007 I've been able to walk into the Falls store either on launch day or during that weekend and purchase. I have 2 orig iPhones, a 3GS and a 4.

They ran out of the AT&T version only. Appears they underestimated demand for the AT&T version as they didn't have enough stock to last thru mid-afternoon on launch date.

Edit, 4pm - And....now they're totally sold out.

Last edited by Felix Martinez; Sep 23, 2012 at 03:06 PM.
Felix Martinez is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 03:48 PM   #23
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Even in line on launch day, the 64GB version didn't last to the end of the initial line. Verizon had a lot of options, Sprint even more.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 05:02 PM   #24
miguelq
macrumors regular

No luck at all today at the Falls, Dadeland or Aventura. Guess I will wait for mid week before I try again.
Old Sep 26, 2012, 10:49 PM   #25
miguelq
macrumors regular

Quote:
No luck at all today at the Falls, Dadeland or Aventura. Guess I will wait for mid week before I try again.
Still NOTHING... Maybe I should camp out again...

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups