Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zuckuss00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
How likely do you guys think early deliveries will be this time around? Its completely based off your location and how close you are to Apple's warehouses. Also, where do these actually ship from?

Fingers crossed for Thursday...

christyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
Salt Lake
A few will probably slip through the cracks and get delivered early but location has absolutely nothing to do with it. They will be instructed the hold the shipments no matter how close it is.

zuckuss00

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 23, 2012
Anyone know where the warehouses are that Apple ships from?

or do they come directly from China?

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
If this is anything like prior releases - there pretty much a 0% chance you or anyone will receive theirs early. Apple will ship them prior to the date and you will receive a notification from FedEx that a hold has been requested. Many times the product will be sitting in your hometown, but there is nothing you can do. Then on Friday, the hold will lifted and FedEx will deliver your phone.

Apple and FedEx have this down to a science.

Cheers.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
I got my iPhone 4 a day early but not my 4S

Same here, so while it's probably not likely, certain is possible. The iPhone 4 release certainly wasn't Apple/Fed Ex's first go at it.

If this is anything like prior releases - there pretty much a 0% chance you or anyone will receive theirs early. Apple will ship them prior to the date and you will receive a notification from FedEx that a hold has been requested. Many times the product will be sitting in your hometown, but there is nothing you can do. Then on Friday, the hold will lifted and FedEx will deliver your phone.

Apple and FedEx have this down to a science.

Cheers.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Same here, so while it's probably not likely, certain is possible. The iPhone 4 release certainly wasn't Apple/Fed Ex's first go at it.

But didn't Apple drop FedEx for the 4S deliveries based on that? Almost all release-day 4Ss were shipped UPS. I don't think FedEx would risk screwing up again.

tbayrgs

macrumors 604
Jul 5, 2009
But didn't Apple drop FedEx for the 4S deliveries based on that? Almost all release-day 4Ss were shipped UPS. I don't think FedEx would risk screwing up again.

My wife's 4s was delivered via Fed Ex.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
My wife's 4s was delivered via Fed Ex.
Both of my iPhone 4S pre-order launch units were shipped via UPS. One from Apple and one from AT&T.

We will just have to wait until tracking numbers appear, and expect those to be for the Apple pre-orders since they are coming direct from China to individuals.

Dave

ki7hy

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2008
My 4S was a day early last year FedEX, Thursday. Hoping for the same this year.

Jnyce

macrumors regular
Jun 14, 2010
Got my 4 from dhl a day early, and the 4s from FedEx a day earlier.Hopefully I go 3 for 3.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
The early deliveries are a thing of the past. They ship everything overnight once they get to the trucks.

Not sure what you are saying.

Don't things go to the plane, and then to the trucks?

Also, I think many are shipped and arrive at either hubs or local fedex sites earlier and are held. The put on trucks.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Not sure what you are saying.

Don't things go to the plane, and then to the trucks?

Also, I think many are shipped and arrive at either hubs or local fedex sites earlier and are held. The put on trucks.

Yes, that's what I'm saying. Once they get to their local hub, they are held and shipped overnight on Thursday for Friday deliv.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.