Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2008
I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mountain Lion today (clean install). I had everything backed up to my Time Capsule. I did the upgrade, everything went fine, etc. Got around to restoring my photos from Time Capsule by just restoring the iPhoto Library icon.

Everything is there and fine, except any pictures that I took within the last couple months. I looked around online, found out about rebuilding the library by holding command+option while opening iPhoto, no luck. I still have events and photos that are not there, just blank thumbnail squares and a large exclamation point when I try to open those photos. Oddly enough, for each blank photo thumbnail, if I select Get Info it shows the original image name (IMG_0704 or whatever the camera assigned it). However when I go to "Show Original File" nothing shows up, just my Macintosh HD and the Network icon. The original file apparently is nowhere to be found?

Ideas? This is to the point it's getting irritating as hell, I've spent a couple hours on this when TC was supposed to eliminate the need for me to do any babysitting/cleaning up.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.