Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 21, 2012, 08:00 AM   #76
The Samurai
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgaz26 View Post
joined the line at 7am, got the phone at 1045am, never again!!!
Did you see the square off between the two asian guys? lol. My mate has a clip where 2 asian guys are having a go because one of them jumps the queue lol

onlyinglasge
The Samurai is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:29 AM   #77
steviek
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Samurai View Post
A mate of mines went to Braehead at 6am today, was a ghost town apparently. No one was around and the doors were locked too. No campers either. Checked the HMV entrance and the other end too - nothing.

He got in the car and went into the Buchanan st store. Queue was massive apparently
I was at braehead at 3am...about 13th in line...they opened the doors at 6.30am hmv end...let us in then lined up from there..let us in at 8.00am...I was in the car for 8.20am and home...if your mate came at 6am he was late for the party. We had a great laugh...people came I to the mall and walked up to the back of our small q at the store only be directed upstairs where hundreds are lined up...kept us going ...
steviek is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:03 PM   #78
RossMacca
macrumors member

I was correct. Launch was totally over hyped. I walked into Braehead at about half 1, and was out at about 1.45 - would have been quicker if I wasn't playing with the display models.
RossMacca is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups