Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:18 AM   #1
armyxrays
macrumors member

iPhone 5 credit card / ID case

I currently have a Case-Mate case that can hold my debit card and my driver's license, and I have been using it since I had an iPhone 4. It fit my iPhone 4S so I ran with it.

Has anyone seen a similar case design for the 5 yet? I know they will make one eventually, but I've been searching like mad and haven't found one yet. I'd like to get one before I get my 5 - I don't want to revert back to carrying a wallet everywhere!
armyxrays is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:21 AM   #2
avaloncourt
macrumors 65816

I'm looking for the same thing. I saw Incipio has one but it has horrible reviews.
avaloncourt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:24 AM   #3
ct2k7
macrumors 603

Spigen or twelve south
ct2k7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:30 AM   #4
armyxrays
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct2k7 View Post
Spigen or twelve south
Thanks, but that's not exactly what I am looking for.

The case I have is not a pouch or wallet type. It's just a normal case with a small slit on the back that allows you to slide in 2 cards. Small form factor, basic design.

Like this one, but mine is matte black.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 10:37 AM   #5
ihonda
macrumors 65816

i already pinged case-mate about them making one on fb. no reply and i see they pulled all the 4S/4 cases too. i have used this style since the 3G

----------

ohh.... http://www.marware.com/stash-iphone-...t#.UFXyF6QntXc
http://www.ideal-case.com/index.php/...card-case.html

they are starting to roll in.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:13 PM   #6
pgordon528
macrumors newbie

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-5-Ca...p-ID-Cases.asp
pgordon528 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:51 PM   #7
Jeffy499
macrumors newbie

http://www.marware.com/stash-iphone-5-case-wallet#.UFfh7Il5mc0

Or

Q card
Jeffy499 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:54 PM   #8
afireintonto
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to afireintonto
Quote:
Originally Posted by armyxrays View Post
How do you take a photo?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:11 PM   #9
TheBaconKing
macrumors regular

My coworker has a leather wallet case he get from TJ Max.. I'm not a fan.

Do y'all have any experience with any of these? I'm normally not a fan of cases in general, but I could see me using something like this when I go out on weekends.
 Since 2006
TheBaconKing is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:12 PM   #10
JJJosh41
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by afireintonto View Post
How do you take a photo?
+1

I like the case but this would be a big issue for me.
JJJosh41 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:14 PM   #11
jrlepage
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by armyxrays View Post
I currently have a Case-Mate case that can hold my debit card and my driver's license, and I have been using it since I had an iPhone 4. It fit my iPhone 4S so I ran with it.

Has anyone seen a similar case design for the 5 yet? I know they will make one eventually, but I've been searching like mad and haven't found one yet. I'd like to get one before I get my 5 - I don't want to revert back to carrying a wallet everywhere!
I kinda like this.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:20 PM   #12
mikecenizal
macrumors member

used this on my iphone 4s. much better option than the casemate i think. feels much nicer because its leather. plan on getting this for my ip5 as well.

http://www.shophex.com/product/HX1307
mikecenizal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:26 PM   #13
armyxrays
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afireintonto View Post
How do you take a photo?
The image is showing with the cards pushed up. They actually sit down in the case and there is a big hole for the camera.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 12:41 AM   #14
swizzleswirl
macrumors newbie

Check this one out, a little bit cheaper - http://caseitup.com/shop/iphone5-credit-card-case

Credit card case for iPhone 5 exactly the style you are looking for.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:11 AM   #15
ihonda
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by swizzleswirl View Post
Check this one out, a little bit cheaper - http://caseitup.com/shop/iphone5-credit-card-case

Credit card case for iPhone 5 exactly the style you are looking for.

Nice, however if it holds up to 4 cards that means its pretty thick. The case mate one holds up to 2 cards which keeps it very thin. Looks like case mate will be releasing one just gotta get the press right. I also see case mate now has a barely there ultra thin so maybe they can release that in the ID series as well. I know I'm not after a case for drop protection, just from scratches and to hold my cards but not everyone has my wants. One thing I am concerned about however is that since the back of the phone is no longer glass where the cards touch is that I have a concern for scratches or dings. Anyone with a MacBook knows how sensitive the material can be at time with dings and indents.
ihonda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 06:35 PM   #16
Chinny
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihonda View Post
Nice, however if it holds up to 4 cards that means its pretty thick. The case mate one holds up to 2 cards which keeps it very thin. Looks like case mate will be releasing one just gotta get the press right. I also see case mate now has a barely there ultra thin so maybe they can release that in the ID series as well. I know I'm not after a case for drop protection, just from scratches and to hold my cards but not everyone has my wants. One thing I am concerned about however is that since the back of the phone is no longer glass where the cards touch is that I have a concern for scratches or dings. Anyone with a MacBook knows how sensitive the material can be at time with dings and indents.
Bought the cast - it only holds 2 cards. It looks alright (got the black) but the quality is subpar.

I owned the casemate on my 4, and it seemed to be made of one molded piece of plastic. This case on the other hand is not. The lines where the plastic was bonded/melted is sharp and uncomfortable depending on how you hold it (eg., cradled in one hand with a finger supporting the bottom).

Having said that, I was able to get 20% off with a coupon code "SAVE20" but I don't know if it's working now.

For half the price of the (sold out) case mate case, I think it is worth it. I actually like the look better than the case mate, but the sharp edges is a drag.
Chinny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 08:59 PM   #17
ihonda
macrumors 65816

Is yours a mini suit? Mine is.. And the quality blows ass. Please post pics of yours. Mine fits loose around the phone and if you put more then 1 card it in it pops off.
ihonda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 8, 2012, 09:20 PM   #18
saccento
macrumors 6502a

check out "Hex"

www.shophex.com
Old Oct 9, 2012, 02:24 AM   #19
lcastillo1475
macrumors newbie

You guys should check out the killspencer iPhone card carrier, looks really sleek and holds 3 cards, it arrives for me tomorrow, I'll post a review when I get it
lcastillo1475 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 07:09 AM   #20
frozzbite
macrumors member

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/62..._iPhone_5.html

This looks ideal
frozzbite is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 08:02 AM   #21
iAi
Banned

I don't understand why these cases are design where the credit cards or id can be seen. When am traveling, I'll be really worried taking pictures in touristy areas where am gonna be the scam artists or thieves target - iP5 with credit cards!

Am buying the iLid where you can easily hide & take out the cards and even use the lid as stand.

Have you guys owned or used iLid before?
iAi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:48 AM   #22
ihonda
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAi View Post
I don't understand why these cases are design where the credit cards or id can be seen. When am traveling, I'll be really worried taking pictures in touristy areas where am gonna be the scam artists or thieves target - iP5 with credit cards!

Am buying the iLid where you can easily hide & take out the cards and even use the lid as stand.

too much hassle to constantly take the phone out to access cards. the case-mate one only shows the very top of the card nothing else.
Old Oct 9, 2012, 09:56 AM   #23
lcastillo1475
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iAi View Post

I used to have the iLid for the iphone4s and loved it, it's actually no hassle at all to take out the cards, all you have to do is flip the back open. I modified the one I got to be able to fit 3 cards in the back and I liked how thin it was, I used to have a casellete but it was just way too bulky; granted you could fit like 5 cards in it, it was too bulky though
lcastillo1475 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:00 AM   #24
Rajani Isa
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihonda View Post
too much hassle to constantly take the phone out to access cards. the case-mate one only shows the very top of the card nothing else.
The iLid case is the one with the door on the back - it's not the one with the door behind the phone.
Rajani Isa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2012, 11:14 AM   #25
ihonda
macrumors 65816

holy god that case is beyond thick

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories