Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
So, not iTunes.

Basically something that will allow me to sort 1000+ movies on my Afghanistan deployment. So I could sort by actor, etc. Something that might download artwork and synopsis from IMDb etc? I'd pay, or it could be free...

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Why once I start plex media center, I can never quit without alt-tab and right click close? I click on QUIT in the Media Center menu, and it just kicks me to a different screen asking me to add a channel.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Why once I start plex media center, I can never quit without alt-tab and right click close? I click on QUIT in the Media Center menu, and it just kicks me to a different screen asking me to add a channel.
You can quit easily by using Command-Tab to select Plex Media Center, then Command-Q to quit.

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
Talk about unintuitive where "quit" really doesn't mean quit at all, it just means, "go to another menu". Pass.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Talk about unintuitive where "quit" really doesn't mean quit at all, it just means, "go to another menu". Pass.
Either clicking Plex Media Server > Quit or using Command-Q will quit the app, which is the same way you quit most other apps in Mac OS X. In addition, you can select the Menu Bar icon and select Quit from that menu. It's intuitive if you're familiar with Mac OS X.

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
I am using both on a PC and a Mac. I don't understand how a program that has a quit option in the menu actually doesn't quit the program. Are you telling me that isn't stupid as hell?

This should be in the instruction manual:

To quit plex media center:
Hit quit in the plex media center menu.
HAHAHA just kidding, you have to CMD+Q or CTL+ALT+DEL!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I am using both on a PC and a Mac. I don't understand how a program that has a quit option in the menu actually doesn't quit the program. Are you telling me that isn't stupid as hell?

This should be in the instruction manual:

To quit plex media center:
Hit quit in the plex media center menu.
HAHAHA just kidding, you have to CMD+Q or CTL+ALT+DEL!

If you select Quit from the Plex Media Server menu, it does quit the app. It quits the same way most other apps quit, including Mail, Safari, Skype, iTunes, Preview, etc. It is no different.

Matth3w

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 24, 2008
I can tell you for sure on my PC it certainly does not. It simply moves to a different menu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.