Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
In the car, I have a Bluetooth stereo. Using Siri on ios5 was fine and worked with the car microphone. Now Siri doesn't speak back. It listens and works on screen but no aural feedback.

Can anyone reproduce this?

chenks

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
UK
maybe not a bug, but an incompatibility with your stereo. it's possible that changes to the siri API in iOS6 mean you stereo will need an update to continue support.

inspirations365

macrumors regular
Dec 28, 2008
When I use Siri in my car, she pops up with a small BT icon next to her microphone, meaning I can communicate to her through the car stereo without the phone to my face and she will speak back through the car's speakers too. Prior to this, in iOS 5, I could only talk to Siri through the phone, regardless of BT hookup.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
Siri worked fine though my car stereo and mic in iOS 5. Hit the button and talk.

Siri is broken in iOS 6. The small BT blue icon appears, I select the car speakers but no sound.

chenks, maybe you're right although you wouldn't think it would break - it's just a bluetooth protocol to playback sound. Whatever it is, I know it's iOS 6 as v5 worked.

jhagedon

macrumors newbie
Jan 16, 2010
Bluetooth no longer working in car with iPhone 5 and iOS 6

I had the iPhone 4S with iOS 6 and Siri working flawlessly using Bluetooth. Now, with iPhone 5 and iOS 6, Siri no longer works over the sound system and will not dial out. Is this a known common issue?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.