Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yaymath

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
I'm thinking about getting this case in black. It looks like it will protect the iPhone and at the same time will not cover its beautiful back.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-View-Cover-Apple-iPhone/dp/B0094CX3BI

What do you guys think of it? How easily do you think it will be to remove it? And should I order it now in case it is sold out once the iPhone 5 is out, or should I wait to see what others will say of this case?

NutFlush920

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2011
I too am on the verge of ordering this case but, so many people say a case is not necessary with the iPhone 5. What to do? Lol

Rizzm

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2012
I too am on the verge of ordering this case but, so many people say a case is not necessary with the iPhone 5. What to do? Lol

How would anyone know if a case is necessary or not?

Besides, if you think you may drop your phone then a case is absolutely necessary, at least if you care about preventing damage.

NutFlush920

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2011
Perhaps. I guess for me, I have always used a case on my iPhones so why not with the iPhone 5? The black one looks bad ass and love the way it looks without a case. I do however, want to keep my phone in mint condition so will likely buy this case as it will have little impact on look and feel of the iPhone 5.

NutFlush920

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2011
I broke down and preordered this case. Expected delivery is 10/03 with my free 2 day prime shipping. If I decide I don't need/want it I'll cancel my order. iPhone will be here like a week and a half before, on Friday. :)

sydia21

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2010
Washington, DC
I have 2 sitting in my amazon cart as we speak. I really like it but also like to see my cases in person. The pink one looks really nice. Please post reviews when you get yours.

dwreck

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2006
I had one of these (for my 4)for about a month. The plastic back scratched really easily and looked terrible very quickly. Maybe the materials for this version have been upgraded.

mobutt

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2010
I will tell you right now unless it has a coating it'll look really poopy really quick. That's why when going for clear cases I tend to go for frost variations. You could still see the design although not perfectly but it won't scratch.

yaymath

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
I will tell you right now unless it has a coating it'll look really poopy really quick. That's why when going for clear cases I tend to go for frost variations. You could still see the design although not perfectly but it won't scratch.

Can you coat it yourself?

ashley1496

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2008
I had a version of the Vue for my iPhone 4. It does scratch easily. I had some in the first week. Also, it collected tons of dust and particles inside the case (between phone and case) that lead to the back of my perfectly pristine phone to be scratched. It took awhile, but it happened.

I really do want a see through case--but I'm kinda freaked after my last situation...

yaymath

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2011
I've just thought that, because this case is clear, we can put a piece of paper between it and iPhone. For example, if the iPhone's back ever bores you, not that I ever should, you can print your own design on a piece on this paper, cut it appropriately, and put it in the case. You can have as many of those as you wish and just use whichever one you feel like

twylie

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
Picked one of these along with the Speck Hard Candy @ BB today. I prefer the Belkin as it's a slimmer design and has a matte finish to it. Seems to be decent quality and has an excellent fit. I had an iFrogz Luxe Lean thin hard shell for my 4S and prefer this case to that one.

JoshObra

macrumors regular
Jun 29, 2010
Los Angeles
I went to three Best Buys in the South Bay area and none of the Belkin View (Black) were none to be found..

Also, how much was it on your BB? It's $13.99 on the official website but I think I saw it was $19.99 at BB but no stock.

twylie

macrumors member
May 21, 2010
My bad - it's not the View, it's the Grip Candy Sheer I picked up. I think it was $20 or $25, but it's exactly what I was looking for. Very slim, light, one piece, and soft/flexible to minimize scratching. All ports are easily accessed, but the silent switch it a bit tough to reach, but still usable. Very slight lip on the front side to help with any face down falls or setting it on a flat surface.

I also picked up the Speck Hard Candy, but will be returning it today. It's thicker and slicker due to the hard shell.

FlashFlux

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2012
I just received this in the mail (I ordered on the 22nd from Belkin's website) - I have to say I went off on a trusting limb and paid the $37 for this half case and I have to say I'm EXTREMELY pleased with it!! It fits SO FREAKIN WELL and looks GREAT!

I got the Black/Clear back one and you can still see the beautiful design of the iPhone 5 yet the sides and back are protected, and I have an invisible screen on the front (plus the side bumpers have a lip to cover it falling on it's screen flat wise)

I definitely recommend it to someone who wants a VERY SLIM, NON SILICON (no sticking to jeans when trying to get out), nice fit case which will protect the phone without having to be so cautious about every time you set it down.

GL!

c0venant

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2012
I just received this in the mail (I ordered on the 22nd from Belkin's website) - I have to say I went off on a trusting limb and paid the $37 for this half case and I have to say I'm EXTREMELY pleased with it!! It fits SO FREAKIN WELL and looks GREAT!

I got the Black/Clear back one and you can still see the beautiful design of the iPhone 5 yet the sides and back are protected, and I have an invisible screen on the front (plus the side bumpers have a lip to cover it falling on it's screen flat wise)

I definitely recommend it to someone who wants a VERY SLIM, NON SILICON (no sticking to jeans when trying to get out), nice fit case which will protect the phone without having to be so cautious about every time you set it down.

GL!
sounds like a nice case. What about dust and lint, is it collecting any? and watermarks on the back?

does it look drop resistant?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.