Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 16, 2012, 02:02 PM   #1
rodolfo52
macrumors newbie

iPhone 5 Houston,TX

This goes for all the stores around the Houston Area.
What store do you plan on going to?
What time?
Anyone camping out a few days before the actual launch?
rodolfo52 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:09 PM   #2
ChrisTX
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodolfo52 View Post
This goes for all the stores around the Houston Area.
What store do you plan on going to?
What time?
Anyone camping out a few days before the actual launch?
The store in The Woodlands mall is where I'll be. The Willowbrook mall store is probably one of the slower Apple stores in town. That or Baybrook. Just stay far away from The Galleria, or Memorial City mall, and you'll be good. No clue about Highland village though.
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:29 PM   #3
rodolfo52
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisTX View Post
The store in The Woodlands mall is where I'll be. The Willowbrook mall store is probably one of the slower Apple stores in town. That or Baybrook. Just stay far away from The Galleria, or Memorial City mall, and you'll be good. No clue about Highland village though.
Well i Plan on going to the highland village store.
Looking to be one of the first in line.
rodolfo52 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2012, 09:37 PM   #4
ChrisTX
macrumors 68020

Quote:
The few times I've gone there it wasn't overly crowded like the Galleria, and Memorial City stores. Good luck being 1st!
Old Sep 17, 2012, 07:19 PM   #5
mediaprodguy
macrumors member

Quote:
big question - what determines the "front of the store" for the line...... id say the entrance by sprinkles....... but you know some cranky haters are going to line on the other side and cause a fuss that "our line is the true line" the drama.......
mediaprodguy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:52 PM   #6
Fredyt911
macrumors newbie

So I'm new to Houston and have no idea how busy each store is. Obviously I was going to stay away from the Galleria but do you guys think one of the other Apple stores is a safe bet or maybe an AT&T store would be a better shot?
Fredyt911 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:09 PM   #7
rodolfo52
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredyt911 View Post
So I'm new to Houston and have no idea how busy each store is. Obviously I was going to stay away from the Galleria but do you guys think one of the other Apple stores is a safe bet or maybe an AT&T store would be a better shot?
Highland Village is Apple's new store and they will most likely have more in stock... also the line will start earlier as they are not in a mall. So i recommend the Highland Village store.
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:04 PM   #8
UHFrank
macrumors member

i was in the ipad 3 line and we lined up in the back of the store, im sure there will be some sort of direction from staff. it was fun. and i would get there early maybe midnight (maybe earlier) or so because it's a popular spot.
UHFrank is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:31 PM   #9
jlongale
macrumors newbie

Mall Opnenings

Does anybody have any idea what time any malls will be opening there doors to let people in, like the woodlands mall. I was planning on trying to be at the mall like around 9-10pm before they lock up and see if i could wait outside the apple store with out mall security trying to kick me out.
jlongale is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:51 PM   #10
rodolfo52
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlongale View Post
Does anybody have any idea what time any malls will be opening there doors to let people in, like the woodlands mall. I was planning on trying to be at the mall like around 9-10pm before they lock up and see if i could wait outside the apple store with out mall security trying to kick me out.
Usually the mall would not you being outside, however for the iPad 3 launch they let people in at 3am
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:02 PM   #11
jlongale
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Usually the mall would not you being outside, however for the iPad 3 launch they let people in at 3am
Sounds good....but what i meant was be inside the mall before it closes and try and wait at the store itself. Doubt itll wok but thought it would be worth a try.

on another note where would be the best place to wait outside the woodlands...even tho im starting to lean to going to highlands village instead.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:47 PM   #12
cyrways
macrumors member

I'm down to wait at the woodlands.
cyrways is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 12:58 PM   #13
jlongale
macrumors newbie

So who's meeting where and when?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 01:30 PM   #14
pogiboi
macrumors regular

I hear there is already a line at Highland
pogiboi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:14 PM   #15
rj624
macrumors newbie

Anyone hear anything about Baybrook or First Colony? Anyone headed there?
rj624 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:17 PM   #16
tmyracle11
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to tmyracle11
Anyone have ideas on AT&T stores or best buy? Would like to do Apple Store but I'm not a huge fan of big lines. Gotta pick one up in store now since AT&T completely screwed up my preorder
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:39 PM   #17
mikeliterus
macrumors newbie

Woodlands Mall?

If I show up around 8:30 any chance I would

A. Get an iPhone 5
B. be out of there before 5pm.
mikeliterus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:37 PM   #18
William Gates
macrumors regular

I need some facts and opinions guys. I have an 8:30 AM flight out of Hobby. Do any of you know if the AT&T store on gulf highway (45) will open early? Like 7 AM? I have to get my iPhone from an AT&T store because I'm on a business account. Should I bring protection if I do end up there early this morning? Do any of you think there will be a line? Thanks.
William Gates is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:09 PM   #19
rj624
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gates View Post
I need some facts and opinions guys. I have an 8:30 AM flight out of Hobby. Do any of you know if the AT&T store on gulf highway (45) will open early? Like 7 AM? I have to get my iPhone from an AT&T store because I'm on a business account. Should I bring protection if I do end up there early this morning? Do any of you think there will be a line? Thanks.
Even if they did open at 7, I kind of doubt they would sell you the phone until 8..
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:23 PM   #20
JAEIII
macrumors newbie

Does anyone know the length of the line at memorial city mall?

Last edited by JAEIII; Sep 21, 2012 at 12:12 AM.
JAEIII is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 10:53 PM   #21
thespazz
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Gates View Post
Southwest boards at 8am, dude. Don't risk it.
thespazz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 12:15 AM   #22
rj624
macrumors newbie

If anyone wants to meet up at baybrook I think I'm going to be there around 5
Old Sep 21, 2012, 11:45 AM   #23
AppleKing786
macrumors newbie

Any updates on lines / supply of iPhones in Houston area?
When is the next shipment of iPhones coming?
AppleKing786 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 01:27 PM   #24
SpecialFX45
macrumors newbie

As a heads up, quite a few AT&T stores still have some in stock. I pre-ordered a black 64gb from Best Buy butt hey haven't received any 64gb at all and was going to cancel when I found out that a few AT&Ts have stock. I called around to multiple stores in my area (Spring) first before cancelling with Best Buy and they did have a few 64 gb in stock at a few stores but only in white. A few of the stores also said they had a few 32 gb white and black. This was at 12:45pm. Call a few AT&T stores or whatever carrier your with. You might get lucky!
SpecialFX45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 03:21 PM   #25
AppleKing786
macrumors newbie

No one in Houston has iPhones left.

Anyone know when the next shipment is coming in? When can i go back to store to pick one up? Ideally from Apple or AT&T stores.
AppleKing786 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups