Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
I just did the ups trick cause it wasn't working before. It works now but it says it's come from well here look at the pic
zn7bba.jpg
any ideas ?

mcdj

macrumors G3
Jul 10, 2007
NYC
ok, so what? it will be there friday. who cares where it comes from?

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Cause it's odd to me that everyone else's will come from china and mine is coming from USA, best I can guess is it came over Ina shipment before it was scanned ?

mbsaeger

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
They all came from China, yours (ours) just happened to be shipping from their warehouse in IL.

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
Cause it's odd to me that everyone else's will come from china and mine is coming from USA, best I can guess is it came over Ina shipment before it was scanned ?

I'm sure some are stockpiled here in the USA. You got lucky. Maybe your phone will be early since it is so close.

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
Just a word of caution for those that are using the "Reference" information to find their "order" on UPS. Many of these "matches" may not really be your iPhone 5.

Until you receive your email from Apple with your 1Z... UPS number, you might be just getting another UPS package. Please double check the weight and for example the 2 LB packages are not an iPhone 5 from Apple! :(:eek:

Dave

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
I have not ordered anything else and it's my phone number and my zip code and it says will be delivered the 21 st by 3 why would it be something else

mbsaeger

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
I'm sure some are stockpiled here in the USA. You got lucky. Maybe your phone will be early since it is so close.

Hope I'm able to get it early, it has overnight shipping from IL... Theoretically it should be here tomorrow, however they must have a hold on it as it says 21st delivery.. We will see if someone slips and delivers it.

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Also I have looked at alot of ppls ups things and all the weights on them are different.

blunti

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
Just a word of caution for those that are using the "Reference" information to find their "order" on UPS. Many of these "matches" may not really be your iPhone 5.

Until you receive your email from Apple with your 1Z... UPS number, you might be just getting another UPS package. Please double check the weight and for example the 2 LB packages are not an iPhone 5 from Apple! :(:eek:

Dave

If it matches destination address then I don't see a reason why it would deceive anyone...

dave006

macrumors 68040
Jul 3, 2008
Just West of East
I have not ordered anything else and it's my phone number and my zip code and it says will be delivered the 21 st by 3 why would it be something else
Your package weighs to much. It should weigh .40 kg or about 1 lb in US.

Also your packages from within the US are showing Next Day Air Saver which would put it at your door Next business day delivery by end of day ( Residential Destinations).

Dave

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Maybe it has something else in there lol who knows maybe the shipping stuff is 1 pound lol

pittman87

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
It's the phone people. Mine says 2lbs as well. I haven't ordered anything lately that ships UPS besides the iPhone.

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California

Dave

Wow, you're absolutely right. The weight states 0.40 kg, hmmm. Is that accurate?

jerrahh

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2010
Pretty sure it is, I really don't think something else is coming with my cell phone number and to my zip code on the 21st. Like I said it prob has maybe something else in the box paper wise or maybe it was a guess. I guess alot when I put weight on stuff when I ship and print the label and it still gos

rfbandit

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
Mine is sitting in ZhengZhou, China, and scheduled for delivery by 10:30 am on 9/21!

Nq6wf.jpg

Last edited:

northofnowhere

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I ordered 2 phones, with 2 different numbers. Putting both of those numbers into UPS and I get two separate tracking numbers with shipments from Addison IL. Both say they are 2lbs with delivery dates of 9/21. We have ordered nothing else, and nothing else from Apple.
These are our phones...bottom line!

eagandale4114

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2011
I just did the ups trick cause it wasn't working before. It works now but it says it's come from well here look at the pic Image any ideas ?

When I got my 4s last year it started off in a warehouse here in the US. Apple seems to stockpile products in the US before launch. My guess is that is what happened here.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.