Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

logicpro7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
London UK
Hey guys,
I am looking for a good quality portable iPhone speaker that either runs on batteries or via iPhone headphone socket or bluetooth.

I need something very mobile for use when recording music videos out and about.

It just needs to be loud enough for a singer to hear above ambient noise.

Something that would fit into my large video camera backpack would be good.

Cheers. :)

IlikeMacsSoMuch

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2009
Blainville, Province of Quebec
JAMBOX by Jabone

Runs on rechargeable batteries, as a few other features like microphone so you can use it like a speaker phone.

The sound quality is really great, good bass for the price:

JAMBOX

Off course it doesn't compare with very expensive speakers but when I'm not home it gets the job done quite well

dzn_Jambox-by-Yves-Behar-4.jpg

Good night!

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Hey guys,
I am looking for a good quality portable iPhone speaker that either runs on batteries or via iPhone headphone socket or bluetooth.

I need something very mobile for use when recording music videos out and about.

It just needs to be loud enough for a singer to hear above ambient noise.

Something that would fit into my large video camera backpack would be good.

Cheers. :)

I have a Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker. It's pretty tiny, very mobile and can definitely fill up a room. I frequently use when I have pool parties or at the beach. Great thing is that it works via BT so I don't have to leave my phone by the speakers. I still get to use my phone (well, within range). It also has an auxiliary input for other non-BT devices or if you don't wanna fuss with BT.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=...speakers/soundlink_wireless_speaker/index.jsp

soundlink_mobile_nylon_bl_lg.jpg

IlikeMacsSoMuch

macrumors 6502
Dec 30, 2009
Blainville, Province of Quebec
I have a Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker. It's pretty tiny, very mobile and can definitely fill up a room. I frequently use when I have pool parties or at the beach. Great thing is that it works via BT so I don't have to leave my phone by the speakers. I still get to use my phone (well, within range). It also has an auxiliary input for other non-BT devices or if you don't wanna fuss with BT.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=...speakers/soundlink_wireless_speaker/index.jsp

Bose speaker are amazing but how big is this one? Because the Jambox is really small

thatoneguy82

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Beach Cities, CA
Bose speaker are amazing but how big is this one? Because the Jambox is really small

I think it's pretty tiny. Since I couldn't find measurements online easily, I measured mine. Roughly, it is about 9.25" L x 1.5" W x 5" H

Just checked.. JAMBOX is this: 5.95 x 2.25 x 1.60 inches (LxWxH).. not that big of a difference.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.