Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
just curious to see if people are going to go back to stock IOS6, or wait for a J/B or stay on 5.1 all together.

i'm on 5.0.1 and will probably stay on it till IOS6 (jailbreak is release)

rKunda

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2008
6—hope for a Jailbreak to get BiteSMS back. Not a big deal for me.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Just did a restore on my 4s yesterday and was going to run 5.1.1 until I get iphone 6. Figured it might be easier to sell the 4s if it's still jailbreakable. Being stock is sure tough I miss the hell outa bitesms and zephyr!

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Ha!

nobody is using 5.0.1 anymore like me, apparently you guys are much motivated to start over on all your hacks/tweaks then I was.

Carlanga

macrumors 604
Nov 5, 2009
Depends, if I don't need to be jb on iOS5 to be able to jb iOS6 on the 4S then I will do it a week or so after.
ATM I'm jb on the 4S w/ 5.1.1 and officially unlocked, but I think soon it's gonna be time for the phone to have a restore as NEW and start fresh on iOS 6. I"m ready to try Spanish speaking Siri and see if it actually can work w/ places to eat now in PR at least. Nevertheless what I decide I will download iOS6 on my Mac and wait patiently.

Paradoxally

macrumors 68000
Feb 4, 2011
Humm ?
Using iOS6 GM on iPhone4 (stock) and I'm not seeing bugs ?

It's full of bugs on my iPod touch 4G. This is unacceptable, because it's still a supported device.

1 - iMessage/Facetime is spotty and fails to activate sometimes. Won't even work if I restore from backup.

2 - Push notifications simply do not work (yes they are on), except for iMessage (when it works).

3 - Auto brightness is crazy.

4 - Battery lasts less.

This on stock iOS 6. I cannot understand how this is possible. This is the worst release of iOS - ever.

I'm not going to move from iOS 5 until they fix these obvious bugs. I know many are A-ok on iOS 6, but I'm not. And I've done a clean restore, still not working well.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
It's full of bugs on my iPod touch 4G. This is unacceptable, because it's still a supported device.

1 - iMessage/Facetime is spotty and fails to activate sometimes. Won't even work if I restore from backup.

2 - Push notifications simply do not work (yes they are on), except for iMessage (when it works).

3 - Auto brightness is crazy.

4 - Battery lasts less.

This on stock iOS 6. I cannot understand how this is possible. This is the worst release of iOS - ever.

I'm not going to move from iOS 5 until they fix these obvious bugs. I know many are A-ok on iOS 6, but I'm not. And I've done a clean restore, still not working well.

And I am not having any of these issues. :)
And none of my collegues are reporting them either.
And you should never restore to backup when jumping to a new firmware family.

OutSpoken

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
UK
I have no choice since i'm going iPhone 5, so i can't wait to hear news about ios 6 jailbreak but something tells me were in for a long wait.:(

RolandNights

macrumors 6502a
Aug 8, 2011
California
I'll try it iOS6 for awhile. It'll take awhile to get used to being without Zephyr, BiteSMS, and IntelliscreenX (and it's settings toggles). My phone was always too buggy for my liking even though I have minimal tweaks going on, so I'm gonna go back to stock and see how it smoothens out.

Off-topic, but if I switch iOS 6 from the 5.1.1 jailbreak, do I go straight to updating OTA/through iTunes or should I restore my iPhone before updating??

HiDEF

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2010
Miami, FL
I'll try it iOS6 for awhile. It'll take awhile to get used to being without Zephyr, BiteSMS, and IntelliscreenX (and it's settings toggles). My phone was always too buggy for my liking even though I have minimal tweaks going on, so I'm gonna go back to stock and see how it smoothens out.

Off-topic, but if I switch iOS 6 from the 5.1.1 jailbreak, do I go straight to updating OTA/through iTunes or should I restore my iPhone before updating??

Restore with itunes and setup as a new iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.