Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dogboy122

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
r'lyeh
I have the white 2006 model, the backlight has been getting worse and worse, and now i can only use the screen when the computer is nearly closed, so could apple repair my laptop?.

AppleFanatic10

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2010
Hawthorne, CA
I have the white 2006 model, the backlight has been getting worse and worse, and now i can only use the screen when the computer is nearly closed, so could apple repair my laptop?.

They could, but it would be very pricy. I would suggest that you look on ifixit.com and find a way that you can do it yourself because it would be a lot cheaper that way. :)

broboore

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2008
It is possible to fix yourself, but man is it an involved fix. Yes there are guides on ifixit, but be aware that the job takes awhile. Especially if you've never taken a machine apart before.

Just be careful, go slow, and keep track of every single screw labeling where they go.

I disassemble machines daily. I had to replace an inverter and a backlight once on a 2007 model. I NEVER want to do it again...:)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.