Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
For those who aren't even to the preparing for shipment status yet, if you really want a launch day phone you may be close to having to cancel your online order and going to a store Friday morning.

My UPS status has updated the phones as having left China and with a few days to go even if more leave there in the next couple of days, they might not distribute until after the weekend.

Good luck to those who didn't have a verified Friday delivery.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Hmm. Korea. Wonder if that was a drop off or a pickup, or both.

So the phones will be in Cali about midnight or so after clearing customs EST. Tuesday and wednesday staging and distribution to delivery services? Thursday start regional deliveries, and Friday local and end deliveries?

Does this seem right?

So if it does seem about right you have to be prepared for shipment by tonight at the latest to have a chance for Friday delivery.

This is just a logical guess.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Hmm. Korea. Wonder if that was a drop off or a pickup, or both.

So the phones will be in Cali about midnight or so after clearing customs EST. Tuesday and wednesday staging and distribution to delivery services? Thursday start regional deliveries, and Friday local and end deliveries?

Does this seem right?

So if it does seem about right you have to be prepared for shipment by tonight at the latest to have a chance for Friday delivery.

This is just a logical guess.

They don't all follow the same path though. Some will be shipping from US warehouses, and that would take only about a day from when it leaves.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Yes. All phones follow a different path, but if some people don't have prepare to ship as their status already, they likely won't get a phone delivered Friday.

So at this point just to guarantee themselves a phone they may want to cancel and wait in line.

swordfish5736

macrumors 68000
Jun 29, 2007
Cesspool
Yes. All phones follow a different path, but if some people don't have prepare to ship as their status already, they likely won't get a phone delivered Friday.

So at this point just to guarantee themselves a phone they may want to cancel and wait in line.

This isn't entirely true. Some phones are already in warehouses around the US so they could ship Thursday for Friday delivery.

And sometimes it just takes some time for updates to show up on apples site. My launch day 4 went from processing to delivered within 24hrs even though it shipped a few days earlier

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
My apple.com order status says is preparing for shipment still but I looked up my order by reference an it has left Hong Kong. I wouldn't go by apple.com order status.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
This isn't entirely true. Some phones are already in warehouses around the US so they could ship Thursday for Friday delivery.

And sometimes it just takes some time for updates to show up on apples site. My launch day 4 went from processing to delivered within 24hrs even though it shipped a few days earlier

Of course it's not entirely true. But I am talking about someone without that preparing to ship status that is freaking out and really wants a phone on Friday. They can wait and see, and find out their phone will be here maybe Friday, maybe next week.

If they don't want to take any chances then they would cancel and wait in line if they have the time.

----------

My apple.com order status says is preparing for shipment still but I looked up my order by reference an it has left Hong Kong. I wouldn't go by apple.com order status.

What date is your Apple status delivery stating?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Mine is airborne from Korea as well. Hard to imagine the skids & skids of pretty new iPhones sitting inside a cargo hull, 34,000 feet up on their way to Alaska, and then to our doors. Friday cant come quick enough!

For those that are worried...If u honestly ordered within the 1st hour or 2 on Friday morning, and ur status is stuck in processing, don't worry at all. There were plenty of people last year who never had a single status update and still got the phone on launch day. Some even had tracking info not show up until after it was delivered. So if u think u got ur order in on time, you will most likely get it on launch day.

Gathomblipoob

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2009

Attachments

• lostplanecrash.jpg
    lostplanecrash.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 62

SonoViva

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
CA
For those who aren't even to the preparing for shipment status yet, if you really want a launch day phone you may be close to having to cancel your online order and going to a store Friday morning.

My UPS status has updated the phones as having left China and with a few days to go even if more leave there in the next couple of days, they might not distribute until after the weekend.

Good luck to those who didn't have a verified Friday delivery.

Now, now. Let's not start a panic. If you ordered and got a delivery date of the 21st, it will be at your house on Friday. Apple's system is overwhelmed right now, hence why those with 64, 32 and black 16 models haven't gotten tracking numbers yet, even though the phones are in motion. As far as I know, white 16s haven't entered UPS' tracking as having shipped yet. ALL 16GB models seem to already be in the US in a warehouse.

Don't panic, I have no idea what OP has to gain by making everyone with a Processing status feel fearful. It'll be on time on Friday, no worries.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
Now, now. Let's not start a panic. If you ordered and got a delivery date of the 21st, it will be at your house on Friday. Apple's system is overwhelmed right now, hence why those with 64, 32 and black 16 models haven't gotten tracking numbers yet, even though the phones are in motion. As far as I know, white 16s haven't entered UPS' tracking as having shipped yet. ALL 16GB models seem to already be in the US in a warehouse.

Don't panic, I have no idea what OP has to gain by making everyone with a Processing status feel fearful. It'll be on time on Friday, no worries.

Not trying to start a fear campaign. Just informing those who are nervous what stage we are in now and what their options may be if they haven't even gotten past the processing order stage and DEFINITELY want a phone Friday. If you show a status with a 21st delivery date, then sure, don't worry..

Even waiting in,line at an apple store won't guarantee a phone, but with a few days to go, you would want to place your bet on the best odds.

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
of course it's not entirely true. But i am talking about someone without that preparing to ship status that is freaking out and really wants a phone on friday. They can wait and see, and find out their phone will be here maybe friday, maybe next week.

If they don't want to take any chances then they would cancel and wait in line if they have the time.

----------

what date is your apple status delivery stating?

9/21

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.