Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
AT&T Customers ONLY:

There is a warehouse

In the States

that is currently holding 380,000 16gb iphone 5 phones

and they will ship from there. You will have tracking on wed.

Thank you for your patience.

Last edited:

Powrie

macrumors 6502
Sep 14, 2012
Yea some of the tracking reports were showing them originating in the States.

This must be why.

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
Yea some of the tracking reports were showing them originating in the States.

This must be why.

This is AT&T's stash. They are located in Illinois.

They knew they would sell all 380,000 of them, so they pre-ordered them from apple. They did not want to sit on phones, so it will be rare if you see 16gig coming from China like in prior years. The majority of 16gig white and all the other phones will be coming from China.

May 8, 2008
You're going to be sorry when ATT breaks out the measuring tape to see who spilled the beans. ;)

csunflip

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2010
Coming from Nashville here... 16gb black

Last Scan: 9/16/2012 9:05:00 PM ORIGIN SCAN NASHVILLE, TN US
NASHVILLE, TN US
Carrier: UPS
Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Expected: Sep. 21, 2012 3:00 PM

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
How does "NEXT DAY AIR" translate to Sep 21? Shouldn't you have it tomorrow?

Coming from Nashville here... 16gb black

Last Scan: 9/16/2012 9:05:00 PM ORIGIN SCAN NASHVILLE, TN US
NASHVILLE, TN US
Carrier: UPS
Service: NEXT DAY AIR SAVER
Expected: Sep. 21, 2012 3:00 PM

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
I just checked on the UPS site for my girlfriend's 16gb Black ATT. It is sitting in Nashville. I ordered from :apple: , not sure if that makes a difference.

JLemm

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2008
Cincinnati, OH
My 16GB Black/Slate ordered from apple is in Illinois.

Scheduled Delivery:
Friday,*09/21/2012,*by*3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)
Last Location:
Addison, IL, United States, Sunday,*09/16/2012

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
How does "NEXT DAY AIR" translate to Sep 21? Shouldn't you have it tomorrow?

It doesn't make financial sense, does it?

HOWEVER, it is apple's goal to make sure that everybody receives this phone on Fri, and not a day earlier so they are willing to pay overnight fees for every phone.

Every 16gb black iphone will be over-nighted and will leave one of three warehouses in the US on Thursday.

I've had my 5 since Fri, as many other people who work where I do... However, we're not allowed to leave the office with them until Fri :cool:

I made this thread to alert the AT&T customers that ordered a 16g black phone that if they are one of the 380,000 phones in Illinois, that they may not have their tracking number until Wednesday evening. This is when the labels are serials are recorded for the last round of shipping from that facility.

----------

They ask UPS to hold it until friday. They send it early, then ask them to hold it, so they have some leeway if there is a delay

That is not correct.

They will not leave the distribution center until thursday.

If that was the case, everybody who knows somebody who works at the local UPS office would have them on Thursday.

You have NO idea how much this costs us errr, apple to make it so people don't get a hold of these things until fri.

Hankster

macrumors 68020
Jan 30, 2008
Washington DC
Yes, I'm going to take seriously a post from a person who creates a username of "GFLovesMy9Inchr".

Grow up.

PS: I do give you two points for trolling though. You'll find a few people who take you seriously.

MistaGavin

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
Hope this is a legit thread... I was wondering why I still didn't have any info up with a delivery date of 9/21 on my black 16gb 5.

nsense

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2012
UPS Distributing Center and Main HUB is in Addison IL

UPS Distributing Center and Main HUB is in Addison IL.

I know cause I live in Naperville, IL and my bro-in law works in their HUB.

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
UPS Distributing Center and Main HUB is in Addison IL.

I know cause I live in Naperville, IL and my bro-in law works in their HUB.

ding ding ding

That is where AT&T's stash is sitting.

Ask your bro-in law if he has seen the rusty shipping crates marked "SUPER FLUFFY ANIMALS". It's an inside joke for the production crews, and lessons the risk of theft! Those will be cracked open wed, labeled up, and shipped, all under VERY tight security.

Another in Tennessee and another in Texas.

----------

Your credibility is questionable per your forum handle.

Sorry, I must stay anonymous, and anybody who has seen me naked will never think this is my account!

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
I assume like the last iphone, they will hold it until Thursday.

That is correct. The shipping warehouses will hold these until Thursday and then ship them, as in loading them on the UPS planes..

That is why people will start to see "Priority Overnight, etc" yet the phones have an origin address in one of three warehouses in the US, but will not be delivered until friday.

Anybody stuck in the "processing" state right now that ordered in a timely fashion have simply not had a phone assigned to them yet, and this will be completed by September 19th @ 2200 EST.

If Thursday rolls around and you are still in processing, you're hosed.

edit: (typed in todays date on accident, corrected)

Last edited:

saleemyas3

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2012
Anybody stuck in the "processing" state right now that ordered in a timely fashion have simply not had a phone assigned to them yet, and this will be completed by September 17th @ 2200 EST.

So tracking numbers will be assigned tonight by 10 PM est?

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
My black 16GB is sitting in Tennessee! I cant wait!

Yes, they started populating last night. It's actually all done by hand, so it's a slow process.

They are scanned, AT&T account matched to the apple serial, re-boxed, and labeled..

GFLovesMy9Inchr

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 17, 2012
So how many of these phones are for delivery to preorders, and how many are going to Apple/carrier stores?

Nobody. Knows.

I have no idea, I'm no part of that supply chain.

These 380k are for home/office delivery. I have no idea the quantity that are going to AT&T/apple stores.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.