Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Code Sign error: The identity 'iPhone Distribution' doesn't match any valid, non-expired certificate/private key pair in your keychains

what is the simplest way to resolve this problem? i develop with 3 programmers, and this came across before but i remember i deleted everything in keychains and downloaded the certificates again.

is there any other way? can one of the other developers send me their private key?

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
You can't just download your certificate again, it has to be binded to the provisioning files and distribution files. I heard now in Xcode you can let it generate via Organizer.. I still do it via developer.apple.com

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
You can't just download your certificate again, it has to be binded to the provisioning files and distribution files. I heard now in Xcode you can let it generate via Organizer.. I still do it via developer.apple.com

i just played around with the distributors/developers list in build settings under code signings.

and it worked, honestly dont know why apple always has to make things so complicated.

because this same app worked on my computer a day ago, and now since there was changes, it had me stumped for 30 mins.

jnoxx

macrumors 65816
Dec 29, 2010
Aartselaar // Antwerp // Belgium
Certificates/Signing profiles are a hell in the beginning, but once you get it, it's quite easy, the best thing to do is once you have a valid certificate, is export it, and keep it somewhere online, like dropbox/my.cl/iCloud, whatever.
SO when you change mac, you can still build, otherwise you have to revalidate everything :/

loon3y

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 21, 2011
Certificates/Signing profiles are a hell in the beginning, but once you get it, it's quite easy, the best thing to do is once you have a valid certificate, is export it, and keep it somewhere online, like dropbox/my.cl/iCloud, whatever.
SO when you change mac, you can still build, otherwise you have to revalidate everything :/

ohh ic ic, much thanks bro!

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.