Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macnificant

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Has anyone seen the Otterbox Prefix?c I know its a new case but is it out for the iPhone 4-4s or other phones?

I am not a big fan of the Otterbox Defender or Commuter bulkiness but the Prefix looks a little slimmer and well protected case.

Looking for feedback

kalexn

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2012
Texas
Bump...anyone?

Okay, at first I was thinking I had never even heard of this one nor seen it but now I realized I have. A guy at my work has it for his Galaxy, I have not seen it for the iphone 5. It still seems bulky to me but definitely not as bulky as the defender. It does seem like it is really secure and could definitely withstand some serious drops.

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
Your very welcome;)

Looks nicer than the commuter and slimmer then the defender. I was waiting for this but ended up just getting applecare+... Tried both Defender which was to bulky and the commuter was nice but just didn't like the feel of the soft silicon.

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
I'm trying to decide between this and the Reflex case. I've used the Reflex on my old iPhone and loved it, although my decision this time around will probably hinge on whether I can plug my 30-pin adapter into the phone without having to take the case off (the Reflex at least allows me to take the bottom half off)

theautopilot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
I think this might be my next case. Are the ports covered like other OB cases (hoping not, for car docking reasons).

Hope it's out soon...

LittleGwen

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2012
USA
Does anyone know if this is thinner than the Defender series? Does anyone have ETA?

apl9_new_iphone_5_r3.jpg

Looks very similar to Commuter.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
This seems to be the replacement for the Impact series. Silicone with a little bit of plastic to help it keep its shape.

I'm curious what kind of silicone they are going to use. If it is the same as the new Defender then this could be a decent case. The issue with the old Impact was that the silicone was so sticky that is would attract everything in my pocket. That and the fact that it was such a loose fit.

A slightly higher quality silicone skin for drop protection could be something I'm interested in. Especially if it works with the Pure.

Music8Guyz

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2008
Midwest
To me, this looks like the case that the Otterbox Commuter should have been.

Couldn't agree more. Looking at other cases prior to the announcement of the 5, I lived the look and feel of the otter box for the S3, but wanted the iphone as a device.

This case is closer in design to that case.

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
Has anyone actually got hold of one yet, or seen any decent reviews?

Mine is in transit but since I actually had to pay for his case out of my own pocket I refused to pay an extra $10 bucks for quick shipping. $4 dollars for crap shipping is bad enough.

Scheduled delivery is next Wednesday.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.