Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Old Sep 17, 2012, 04:46 PM   #1
Chodarth
macrumors newbie

Anyone use namecheap.com to host their site?

I have purchased a few domain names through www.namecheap.com and I am currently shopping around for a host. Has anyone used namecheap to host their site? How is it? Would you recommend an alternative hosting site?

Oh, and what do you think of wordpress vs. weebly?

Last edited by Chodarth; Sep 17, 2012 at 05:03 PM.
Chodarth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:52 PM   #2
tappR8
macrumors newbie

Dreamhost and Wordpress

I am trying to start a blog and I've been doing a lot of research. I keep hearing good things about Dreamhost and I saw this discount code for $5 off using "CHEAPBLOG73" but I haven't tried it yet. I've also heard that Weebly is super easy to use but not as versatile as Wordpress.

I'm so new to this that honestly I have the same questions as you! I'm concerned about starting a blog somewhere and wishing I had done it elsewhere, and then not being able to transfer it. Do you know if it is possible to advertise on blogs that utilize free hosts? Let me know what you learn please!
tappR8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:22 PM   #3
bronxred
macrumors member

Happy Blogging!

You can advertise on blogs that utilize free hosts, like Tumblr, but many will charge for it. I've been with Dreamhost for nine years and they have always been quick, courteous and helpful whenever I've had an issue or question of any kind. They have all the usual "unlimited" stuff, a great control panel, and ONE-CLICK installation of WordPress.

Jake

Last edited by OllyW; Feb 28, 2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: removed referral link
bronxred is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Tags
domain name, hosting, namecheap, web