Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:02 PM   #1
pesos
macrumors 6502

verizon fraud alert - should have ordered from apple?

Oy, Verizon tried to charge my phone as "cellco partnership" which amex picked up as fraud. It's cleared up with amex now however I'm concerned Verizon will now cause delays. Verizon reps are completely useless, saying that "they think they will try again soon" but that my order shows it will ship on 9/21 instead of arrive on 9/21. The online Verizon order status shows shipping on 10/5 lol. Anyone else running into this BS?
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:16 PM   #2
NJMacJunky
macrumors member

I had a call from Chase the day after i placed my order with my credit card just to verify the activity, they didnt say if VZW was trying to use another name to make the charge, but shevtold me there was no hold or any issue with the charge going through. I have yet to be charged yet though.
NJMacJunky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:21 PM   #3
macMD
macrumors 6502

Cellco Partnership IS Verizon Wireless and Vodafone joint company. Technically its the right company.
macMD is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:23 PM   #4
pesos
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by macMD View Post
Cellco Partnership IS Verizon Wireless and Vodafone joint company. Technically its the right company.
Yes, obviously. But the point is that, in AMEX's eyes, it is sketchy (I'm not the only one that has gotten held up by AMEX). Took forever to get the right person at Verizon, but it sounds like she was able to force the charge to go through again so hopefully I'm still on for Friday. Interestingly, this time the charge came through listed as Verizon.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:40 PM   #5
armoredsaint
macrumors regular

i've had many charges from VZW as cellco on my corp Amex and personal amex over the years and zero issues.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:45 PM   #6
pesos
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by armoredsaint View Post
i've had many charges from VZW as cellco on my corp Amex and personal amex over the years and zero issues.
Interesting. Maybe it's because my biz spg card is relatively new compared to my personal.
Old Sep 17, 2012, 10:50 PM   #7
grodgers
macrumors member

I ordered from Apple. Got a call the next day from my card provider - said that they had frozen my card for fraud. Crazy. My phone has been allocated (can see the serial number in "my support profile") but hasn't yet shipped. If I don't get it on Friday because of my card company i'm going to be irritated
grodgers is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone