Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
OK, I know these are basic iCal questions, but I'm having problems finding answers.

1. How do you show 2 months calendars in the calendars bar on the left of iCal? I'm currently just showing September ... I'd like to show August and October. Is this possible?

2. How do you show reminders in iCal? I have a few reminders entered in the reminders app... is it possible to show them in iCal?

Thanks!

Edduvall

macrumors newbie
Aug 28, 2011
1. You can show 2 or 3 months by 'pulling up' the current month to expose more. However, I don't think there's any way to show the month before the current one.

2. Sorry, I think you can show a monthly calendar in the Reminders app, but not reminders in the Calendar app.

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
1. You can show 2 or 3 months by 'pulling up' the current month to expose more. However, I don't think there's any way to show the month before the current one.

I can't "pull up" the current month calendar. It seems to be greyed out.

----------

2. View > Show Reminders

iCal > view > show notifications ..... is greyed out.

There is no "show reminders".

chriscl

macrumors 6502
Jan 4, 2008
Stuttgart, Germany
I can't "pull up" the current month calendar. It seems to be greyed out.

Hover the mouse pointer just above the current month calendar - it will change to a horizontal line with an upwards arrow above it - now click/hold and drag upwards, and the next month(s) appear, as though scrolled-up...

OceanFrog

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Hover the mouse pointer just above the current month calendar - it will change to a horizontal line with an upwards arrow above it - now click/hold and drag upwards, and the next month(s) appear, as though scrolled-up...

Thanks! That works :)

----------

Anyone have any ideas how to show reminders (from the "reminders" app) in iCal? Or is this even possible?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.