Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:18 PM   #1
APPLE-IFIED
macrumors newbie

Lightbulb iPhone 5 Launch Los Angeles Thread

This thread goes out to anyone in the Los Angeles area this coming Friday.

Who is going to the launch? Those of you who are, are you planning on getting to your respective stores late Thursday night or early Friday morning?

I have been to every iPhone launch to date (including the original) and successfully bagged an iPhone each time. However, this was while I was living in London (at the Regents St Store).

This is going to be my first iPhone launch in the US. I'm definitely jumping on Verizon's LTE network (Side Topic: AT&T vs. Vz in LA).

My main question to start the thread off is: will I be able to get an iPhone if I show up to 'The Grove Store' at 6AM Friday morning? I have a $50 bet with my roommate (he doesn't think I have a chance esp. as he's camping out).

I know that Americans are much crazier when it comes to finding an excuse to get fanatical and line up over a new consumer desirable, so I'm assuming that it's going to be much harder than what I'm used to!

Any words of wisdom will be appreciated!
APPLE-IFIED is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:52 PM   #2
MrSpanks
macrumors member

The Grove and The Beverly Center are probably the most popular apple stores in the area. If it was me i'd probably choose another store!
MrSpanks is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:54 PM   #3
blunti
macrumors 6502

how about the Glendale Galleria?

I bought my 3GS and 4 there on launch days...
blunti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 02:58 PM   #4
nabechu
macrumors 6502

If you're going to the grove, i'd get there no later than 1am
nabechu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:13 PM   #5
MrSpanks
macrumors member

if it was me i'd try and go as far south as i could. these would probably be the options i'd choose from.
MrSpanks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:16 AM   #6
APPLE-IFIED
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blunti View Post
how about the Glendale Galleria?

I bought my 3GS and 4 there on launch days...
I was thinking of the Glendale Galleria. How has the line been both times you've been there?

Thank you all for your input
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:21 AM   #7
BuckDot
macrumors member

Grove, Beverly Ctr, Pasadena, and Santa Monica will be nuts.

I'm going to take my chances at Westfield Topanga in Woodland Hills... big store, lots of staff, and it's in the west valley.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by APPLE-IFIED View Post
I was thinking of the Glendale Galleria. How has the line been both times you've been there?

Thank you all for your input
Don't forget there are actually 2 apple stores here, Galleria and Americana, right across from each other!
BuckDot is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 11:56 AM   #8
ZeRoLiMiT
macrumors 6502

This is my first launch pick up. I am going to move to at&t so hope this is going to be easy transfer from sprint (bad service). What time do you guys recommend I get there? 12am? Or 5am? I donít know how crazy it gets just know what I see on the news lol
ZeRoLiMiT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:57 PM   #9
APPLE-IFIED
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckDot View Post

Don't forget there are actually 2 apple stores here, Galleria and Americana, right across from each other!
That's actually a very good point! Glendale seems to be the best place! I'm still debating what time to get there though! I'm thinking possibly 4AM? or maybe I should just do an all-nighter! I have class at USC that I can't miss at 12PM so I need to get in and out fast!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:31 PM   #10
ZeRoLiMiT
macrumors 6502

what time are you guys getting there?
ZeRoLiMiT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:32 AM   #11
Cookierachas
macrumors newbie

I don't know which store to go to
my closest stores are Brea and Cerritos
anyone ever been to a launch at either?
I was thinking of showing up around 6 am
Old Sep 20, 2012, 11:42 AM   #12
styrofoamboots
macrumors newbie

Anyone going to the Thousand Oaks Apple Store (at The Oaks mall) for this year's iPhone 5 launch? I'll probably be there.
styrofoamboots is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 04:54 PM   #13
ihatephish
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by styrofoamboots View Post
Anyone going to the Thousand Oaks Apple Store (at The Oaks mall) for this year's iPhone 5 launch? I'll probably be there.

Gonna check the line out around 6 in the morning. If not too long, I'll wait. Otherwise I'll order online and wait.
ihatephish is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2012, 05:17 AM   #14
SinkOrSwim
macrumors member

Quote:
This thread goes out to anyone in the Los Angeles area this coming Friday.

Who is going to the launch? Those of you who are, are you planning on getting to your respective stores late Thursday night or early Friday morning?

I have been to every iPhone launch to date (including the original) and successfully bagged an iPhone each time. However, this was while I was living in London (at the Regents St Store).

This is going to be my first iPhone launch in the US. I'm definitely jumping on Verizon's LTE network (Side Topic: AT&T vs. Vz in LA).

My main question to start the thread off is: will I be able to get an iPhone if I show up to 'The Grove Store' at 6AM Friday morning? I have a $50 bet with my roommate (he doesn't think I have a chance esp. as he's camping out).

I know that Americans are much crazier when it comes to finding an excuse to get fanatical and line up over a new consumer desirable, so I'm assuming that it's going to be much harder than what I'm used to!

Any words of wisdom will be appreciated!
Hi mate! Check out Glendale Galleria and the Americana. Also check out the nearby AT&T and Verizon stores in the area.... Walking distance from both spots. I passed by an AT&T store on my home from work and there's barely 7 people on one of the AT&T stores. I'm sure that you will be able to take one home, but don't wait till 6am. You gotta go now dude.

----------

Quote:
That's actually a very good point! Glendale seems to be the best place! I'm still debating what time to get there though! I'm thinking possibly 4AM? or maybe I should just do an all-nighter! I have class at USC that I can't miss at 12PM so I need to get in and out fast!
You got that right! Plenty of nearby places to get the iPhone 5. 2 Apple stores within walking distance and a bunch of AT&T and Verizon stores. Head out in like 30 minutes and check out AT&T on Brand and California street. There's barely 7 people there when I passed by 1 1/2 hours ago.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeRoLiMiT View Post
This is my first launch pick up. I am going to move to at&t so hope this is going to be easy transfer from sprint (bad service). What time do you guys recommend I get there? 12am? Or 5am? I donít know how crazy it gets just know what I see on the news lol
Get ready and head out now. Americana and Galleria is packed already.
SinkOrSwim is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 10:02 AM   #15
iBaloney
macrumors 6502

did anyone go to the glendale galleria or americana apple store?

what was your experience? did they sell out?
iBaloney is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:28 AM   #16
jlipscomb
macrumors newbie

Heading to the grove in a little while. I'll update you guys once I get there. Hoping it won't be too bad today since its the third day.
jlipscomb is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Tags
angeles, iphone, launch, los