Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:41 PM   #1
domanny
macrumors newbie

IPhone 5 in store pre-order and pick up

On pre-order day the 14th i walked into my local at&t store to pre-order, on the 21st they release the Iphone at stores for those who didnt pre-order and will wait on line. Now my question is will my pre order be there on the 21st? i still haven't been able to track my order and when i pre-ordered the sales rep said it might come a few days late . im thinking late ? how can walk ins get their iphones before i do when i pre-ordered???????
domanny is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:46 PM   #2
The Tuck
macrumors 6502

I would like to help you, but I really have no idea what you're trying to say.

Tuck
The Tuck is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:51 PM   #3
domanny
macrumors newbie

I pre-ordered in a att store on the 14th but the rep said it might not be in on the 21st it could be a few days later. but the store will have their iphone 5s for walk ins who wait on line.... so how can walk ins get their phones before pre-orders and why cant i track my phone?
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:52 PM   #4
nostresshere
macrumors 68020

TWP

(third world problem)

By the way, the preorder goes to your house, and not to the store)

And, some of the people in line may not get an iphone.

Wow

TWP
nostresshere is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:53 PM   #5
mattopotamus
macrumors 604

I know apple only does ship to home for pre-orders on launch day, and I would be shocked if at&t did anything different. Did they tell you that you can pick it up in store? That just seems like a mess for the carriers to have two lines going.
mattopotamus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:56 PM   #6
HowardSmith
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by domanny View Post
I pre-ordered in a att store on the 14th but the rep said it might not be in on the 21st it could be a few days later. but the store will have their iphone 5s for walk ins who wait on line.... so how can walk ins get their phones before pre-orders and why cant i track my phone?
If you ordered your phone late it will not be there on the 21st. The phone that AT&T has in the store on the 21st are for people who are willing to get in line and wait. There is usually a very limited amount unless it is a large store.

Anyway, these are two different supplies of iPhones. If you want YOU can wait in line and get one if you are lucky and you 2nd one will follow to be picked up later
HowardSmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:57 PM   #7
dwburnell
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nostresshere View Post
TWP

(third world problem)

By the way, the preorder goes to your house, and not to the store)

And, some of the people in line may not get an iphone.

Wow

TWP
I think you mean First World Problem. Third world problems are not having food on the table, not being able to afford vaccinations, not being able to fix your home, etc...

Either way, it is a first world problem!
Old Sep 18, 2012, 04:00 PM   #8
domanny
macrumors newbie

Well at&t in store pre-orders can be shipped home or for in store pick up Iv'e done in store pre-order and pickup for the 2 previous iphones and i received them both on launch day but with all these orders and delays I'm not sure and not being able to track adds to my confusion

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone