Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
Having trouble finding a good place to put this thread... but it's a basic question, and i need help... so here we go...

I'm getting an old powerbook this weekend- G3 Pismo i think (in that range), off the top of my head i forget...

anyhow... it's pre-airport, but i used to use a wireless card that plugged in to the side of the computer. it was an Orinoco Gold card. it has stopped working. (took it out of the computer, accidently fried it in the car overnight)

can anyone reccomend another card? or go with the same one- hoped maybe someone was also using an old G3 laptop wirelessly...

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
gwuMACaddict said:
Having trouble finding a good place to put this thread... but it's a basic question, and i need help... so here we go...

I'm getting an old powerbook this weekend- G3 Pismo i think (in that range), off the top of my head i forget...

anyhow... it's pre-airport, but i used to use a wireless card that plugged in to the side of the computer. it was an Orinoco Gold card. it has stopped working. (took it out of the computer, accidently fried it in the car overnight)

can anyone reccomend another card? or go with the same one- hoped maybe someone was also using an old G3 laptop wirelessly...
If it's a Pismo, then it will have a slot for the Airport card. This would be the best option (IMHO) since everything will be internal.

If it's not a Pismo, then look for a PC Card wireless adapter that has the Broadcom chipset. I think these are the ones that Apple used/uses. A quick forum search can confirm my assertion.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
no airport, so whatever the model was before pismo... wallstreet? i forget...

anywho, thanks for the help... will look around

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.