Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups

Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:42 PM   #1
pbmagnet4
macrumors member

iPhone 5 DFW

Ive seen a Ft. Worth thread started but I think we should pool up into one thread since DFW has a number of Apple stores. This way we can really decide which store would be the best to show up to. I live in Denton, but I am considering on going to Plano because the Willow Bend mall tends to be desolate. Not entirely set on this idea just yet though.

Dallas, Knox Street
Dallas, NorthPark Center
Frisco, Stonebriar
Plano, Willow Bend
Fort Worth, University Park Village
iPod, 20gb ; iPod Nano, 16gb
pbmagnet4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 05:44 PM   #2
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmagnet4 View Post
Ive seen a Ft. Worth thread started but I think we should pool up into one thread since DFW has a number of Apple stores. This way we can really decide which store would be the best to show up to. I live in Denton, but I am considering on going to Plano because the Willow Bend mall tends to be desolate. Not entirely set on this idea just yet though.

Dallas, Knox Street
Dallas, NorthPark Center
Frisco, Stonebriar
Plano, Willow Bend
Fort Worth, University Park Village
Willowbend is desolate except on Apple launches. I had the 4S pre-ordered so I didn't have to stand in line. For the iPhone 4 it was a mob scene. Since I live pretty close I'm going to Willowbend early in the am on Friday.
sfwalter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 18, 2012, 06:17 PM   #3
pbmagnet4
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfwalter View Post
Willowbend is desolate except on Apple launches. I had the 4S pre-ordered so I didn't have to stand in line. For the iPhone 4 it was a mob scene. Since I live pretty close I'm going to Willowbend early in the am on Friday.
Alright, well I pre-ordered but I received the Oct. 5th date so I will be in the long line I suppose. I feel that Willowbend would be the least crowded on the list... My second guess would be Stonebriar?
iPod, 20gb ; iPod Nano, 16gb
pbmagnet4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:36 AM   #4
TWO2SEVEN
macrumors Demi-God

I always forget that there is a Southlake store too. I've only been there once and parking is terrible.

I will be getting mine from UPS on Friday. However, having worked at both Stonebriar and Willowbend in my highschool days, I would guess that WB will be less crowded as a whole than Stonebriar. That mall is usually dead during the day. Obviously Friday will be slightly different, but the rest of the mall should be pretty dead. That should make it easier to get in and out.
TWO2SEVEN is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 03:18 PM   #5
anonymous6237
macrumors 6502

All I have to offer is my iPhone 4 line experience at Willow Bend.

I lined up around 11:00 pm the night before and was about 100-150 people back in line (I had a reservation so it only took me about 20 mins once the store opened). By 2am there were probably 200-300 people. By 6:30 am (when people started getting ready to be let into the mall) there were easily over 1000 people.

Willow Bend may be technically less crowded than the other stores but it will more than likely still be insane.

Good luck. I did it once for the experience (also lined up for the iPad 2... but only for a couple hours as it was an afternoon launch) and while I had fun, I won't be doing it again.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:38 PM   #6
treyjustice
macrumors 65816

Just an idea CarToys will be selling the iPhone 5 and from what I've heard haven't had many preorders. I have a friend who manages one of the DFW locations and said they will be getting more than they thought. One of my buddies went up there today and paid for one and will be able to pick it up Friday when they open. (only AT&T and Verizon )
Old Sep 20, 2012, 02:52 PM   #7
dfwblah
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyjustice View Post
Just an idea CarToys will be selling the iPhone 5 and from what I've heard haven't had many preorders. I have a friend who manages one of the DFW locations and said they will be getting more than they thought. One of my buddies went up there today and paid for one and will be able to pick it up Friday when they open. (only AT&T and Verizon )
Kind sir, thank you for the tip--it was golden! I just went to one and pre-ordered two. What a fantastic alternative to line waiting. Cheers.
dfwblah is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:12 PM   #8
jwhee0615
macrumors newbie

Should I cancel and wait in line?

I pre-ordered 2 Iphone 5's on the apple store at about 9am the 14th and have a ship date of 10/5 to Dallas. Order still says in processing items. What about trying to stand in line tomorrow and if able to get the phones then cancelling the pre-order right there and then? Would the 2 upgrades I used with ATT then be available to purchase those phones in store?
jwhee0615 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:51 PM   #9
treyjustice
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhee0615 View Post
I pre-ordered 2 Iphone 5's on the apple store at about 9am the 14th and have a ship date of 10/5 to Dallas. Order still says in processing items. What about trying to stand in line tomorrow and if able to get the phones then cancelling the pre-order right there and then? Would the 2 upgrades I used with ATT then be available to purchase those phones in store?
My friend had an AT&T order cancelled and his upgrade was instantly put back on his account. He went to cartoys and preordered one no problem
Old Sep 20, 2012, 03:57 PM   #10
jwhee0615
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by treyjustice View Post
My friend had an AT&T order cancelled and his upgrade was instantly put back on his account. He went to cartoys and preordered one no problem
Hmmm...I wonder if it would be that way with an Apple pre order. I did notice that ATT has charged to my account the $36 upgrade fee.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:43 PM   #11
shawnrileyprosp
macrumors newbie

Willowbend meetup

is apple doing a reservation system this year? i hated that for the iphone 4 launch
shawnrileyprosp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 05:58 PM   #12
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnrileyprosp View Post
is apple doing a reservation system this year? i hated that for the iphone 4 launch
nope
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:02 PM   #13
shawnrileyprosp
macrumors newbie

Line up

Quote:
nope
Awesome cause i didn't get a reserve that year and they let like 50 to 1 in the store.

what time shall we start lining up?
i saw on another form that they already have a line in front of dillards and those doors will open at 6 unlike the usual food court entrance
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:05 PM   #14
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Awesome cause i didn't get a reserve that year and they let like 50 to 1 in the store.

what time shall we start lining up?
i saw on another form that they already have a line in front of dillards and those doors will open at 6 unlike the usual food court entrance
Do you know which Dillards entrance?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:09 PM   #15
shawnrileyprosp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Do you know which Dillards entrance?
From other thread

"sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5 Willowbend Mall Plano / Dallas TX
I went and stoppped by the Willowbend mall after work and they already have queuing in place. I talked to an Apple store employee and they said in the morning the doors by Dillards will be open around 6am.

So I'm assuming it will be either the first floor parking garage side entrance or on the other side by Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa."

So im not sure i think ill peak on by around 9 after i get out of work to check it out first
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:16 PM   #16
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
From other thread

"sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

iPhone 5 Willowbend Mall Plano / Dallas TX
I went and stoppped by the Willowbend mall after work and they already have queuing in place. I talked to an Apple store employee and they said in the morning the doors by Dillards will be open around 6am.

So I'm assuming it will be either the first floor parking garage side entrance or on the other side by Elizabeth Arden Red Door Spa."

So im not sure i think ill peak on by around 9 after i get out of work to check it out first
Lol that was me.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:21 PM   #17
shawnrileyprosp
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Lol that was me.

oh haha i didnt even notice that

yeah at&t totally screwed me over i ordered at 4:30 am on friday and somehow they lost it and put it in later so it didnt go in till the 15th so i was on the 14-21 day wait which i didnt care except ill be outta town so its line up at apple store for me. i tried apples website and it kept telling me i might have to make a deposit which i dont
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:24 PM   #18
jwhee0615
macrumors newbie

I called the Apple store at Willow Bend earlier to ask about the line up and cancelling my online order. The guy I spoke with said that the line would start at Dillards at 9pm. I guess they got a head start.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 06:33 PM   #19
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhee0615 View Post
I called the Apple store at Willow Bend earlier to ask about the line up and cancelling my online order. The guy I spoke with said that the line would start at Dillards at 9pm. I guess they got a head start.
Yep I got the same answer. Any idea which entrance? They guy I spoke to didn't know. I'm either thinking by the red door spa or the one by the first floor parking garage.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:32 PM   #20
ejfontenot
macrumors regular

I preordered, but will prolly stop in before work in the morning to snag some accessories at Stonebriar
ejfontenot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:33 PM   #21
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

Who's camping out at Willowbend tonight? I'm thinking of doing just for fun. Well fun and to walk into work with a new iPhone :-)
Old Sep 20, 2012, 08:38 PM   #22
jwhee0615
macrumors newbie

Order status change

Well interestingly enough one of my 2 phones on order just changed status to "preparing for shippment". Unfortunately its my wifes 16gb white iphone 5. my black 64gb still says "processing items". If that changes then I guess I can't cancel my order. Maybe these things will get here before Oct 5th after all. Anyone else have the same status?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:07 PM   #23
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

I'm at Willowbend about #17 in line. It's 9:06pm and there are about 25 total in line do far.
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:37 PM   #24
jwhee0615
macrumors newbie

Quote:
I'm at Willowbend about #17 in line. It's 9:06pm and there are about 25 total in line do far.
Wow thats all? I would have figured more. Is it like camping or everyone sitting on the pavement?
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:40 PM   #25
sfwalter
macrumors 6502a

Most everyone has chairs

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Launch Meetups