Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009
Here's what I hope Apple will do in the next year:

1) Siri:
--enable and disable Bluetooth/Wifi.
--hook into other apps, even third-party apps. This one was on my wish list last year and it's on my wish list again this year.
--tell me what Avogadro's number is or what 60*22 is or what a compound is, instead of simply saying "I found this:" and forcing me to read WolframAlpha's answer. (I can read. However, there are certain situations where it'd be nice if I didn't have to look at the phone, e.g when I'm driving. Not that I have a license.)
--search the Web for me if she can't answer my question and tell me what she found.
2) Passbook:
--Allow me to scan coupon codes, cards etc. Passbook can't replace any wallet if I still have a good reason to keep the wallet.

I'll think of more later.

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
There's always that cellular data connection that you have to purchase with an iPhone on any of the big 3 carriers

Not on iPads or iPhones though...

Plus Siri takes up data...not sure why you would want to waste data on Siri when you could have Wi-Fi...but since you asked Siri to turn wi-fi off...you won't automatically connect.

moonman239

Cancelled
Original poster
Mar 27, 2009

Plus Siri takes up data...not sure why you would want to waste data on Siri when you could have Wi-Fi...but since you asked Siri to turn wi-fi off...you won't automatically connect.

So I don't waste battery life keeping the Wi-Fi adapter on when I know I won't spend enough time in a place that has a hotspot, for example when I'm on a car trip.

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009

Sorry, I suppose I should not have assumed that the OP was referring only to an iPhone, although he has mentioned that was his main intention. And please do not say that telling Siri to do one command would be wasting data, since it is such a slight amount that a single command would not make much of an impact on one's data usage.

Anyway, I really would want toggles in notification center for things like turning on the flash for the camera as a light, toggle wifi/cellular/airplane/mute modes on and off, etc. I had it when I jailbroke my phone and loved it

HMI

Contributor
May 23, 2012
Two ideas: iTunes downloads and App store updates

Here are two ideas:

1) iTunes download section:
I made a purchase on my iPad that I don't want to download to my iPad. I only wanted to download it to my computer. Right now the items are in my download queue waiting to download. I'm sure the only solution might be to download and delete, but I would love the ability to ignore, cancel, remove, or delete items from the download queue without the need to download them. Sometimes, I just want to use the iPad as an easy way to make the purchase with the intent to have the download available on a computer or appleTV. I don't want to download 30+ GB of a show to my iPad just so I can have the option to delete it.

2) App Store Updates section:
Also, on the iOS App Store, I would love the option to ignore, cancel, remove, or delete an available app update from the update queue, without needing to update or delete the app already on the device. Sometimes updates can ruin an app's quality or user experience, and the option to ignore and bypass specific app updates would be very helpful. This way I can research Update changes or look for user reviews, and have the option to avoid a particularly "bad" update, without being forced to apply the update or delete the app from the device in order to remove the update from the update queue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.