Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

karenhamer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
My wife had her iPhone 4 slip out of a pocket this evening and land screen first in the street. The screen pretty much shattered although the phone is still in perfect working order. Any idea how much it costs to get a new one put on by Apple? If we repair though them would it affect the warranty? Fortunately we kept our old 3GS phones so she can use it while being repaired.

indianboynyc

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
google iphone screen repair and your zipcode - also search groupon and social living, I know they put a deal out for $60 repair

fried-gold

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2008
Berlin
check the apple site for an out-of-warranty service here

http://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_States&product=iphone

If you own an iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service but is eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service, Apple will service your iPhone for the Out-of-Warranty Service fee listed below.

iPhone model Out-of-Warranty Service
iPhone 4S $199
iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS,
iPhone 3G, Original iPhone $149

You can also get it replaced much cheaper in non-authorised service centre, the price and quality varies greatly, just check out some reviews before you drop it in.

kappaknight

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2009
Atlanta, GA
I got a kit from Amazon.com for about $30 - the replacement screen was retina display too. If you're not tech stupid and enjoy a fun challenge, it could be fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.