Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories

Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:23 AM   #1
RobinHood5
macrumors regular

Walmart Hidden Deal Dr Dre Beats Pro

Ok, let me start this post off with a request. I don't want haters posting on this. We all know your opinion that they are overpriced and that they are not really pro headphones. This thread is not the place for that. It is just informational for the people that like them and might like a good deal.

I was looking to purchase dr dre pros this last week and I stumbled upon the weirdest thing on the Walmart website. I found that the black dr dre pros (yes just the black sooooo racist) were only $335. The weird thing about it is, the headphones are not searchable on the Walmart website. The only way to find them is click on a pair of studios and go to similar products, they usually will be there.

So, I went to the white ones, $399. Then I went to the black ones which did not list a price Until it was in your cart. So I added it to my cart and to my surprise it was only $335 ($65 bucks off!!!) so I immediately started checking it's validity. It was not a marketplace item, it was a Walmart product. I went to the beats website and it listed Walmart as a authorized dealer. This was legit. I ordered them on Monday and paid$10 for rushed shipping. When it was all said and done, after tax and shipping (there was a $2 ship to home option and free ship to store) the total cost was $370. S, good deal at Walmart if you like beats headphones.
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:25 AM   #2
noteple
macrumors 6502a

Not hidden, buried.
noteple is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2012, 08:48 AM   #3
RobinHood5
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by noteple View Post
Not hidden, buried.
I just can't figure out why it's not searchable. If you type in dr dre beats pro (or any variation thereof) it just comes up with studios, solos, and earbuds
Old Sep 19, 2012, 10:32 AM   #4
Tortri
macrumors 6502a

Nice find!
Tortri is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2012, 01:03 AM   #5
RobinHood5
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortri View Post
Nice find!
Thanks!
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:37 PM   #6
maniacphoner
macrumors regular

You sure did purchase it for a great deal!! It's always fun digging up deals online. Takes time and some work.
maniacphoner is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:50 PM   #7
tempusfugit
macrumors 65816

nice!

I took a very serious look at these same headphones a while back. My basic review: The bass is powerful and pretty good, the mids and highs are ok. I ended up going with the $300 Bose QC15 noise cancelling headphones and I'm really glad. The low end is powerful enough, though not as thumping as the beats headphones, but the overall spectrum I feel is better and more "true" sounding. Plus the noise cancellation makes flights so much better. Couple that with the lower price tag, and like I said, I'm glad I got them.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:51 PM   #8
sick z33
macrumors 6502

I was able to find them on walmart but it shows "Not Available at this time" and won't allow you to order
sick z33 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:32 AM   #9
RobinHood5
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick z33 View Post
I was able to find them on walmart but it shows "Not Available at this time" and won't allow you to order
Hmm... Glad I bought them when I did. Amazing headphones!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempusfugit View Post
nice!

I took a very serious look at these same headphones a while back. My basic review: The bass is powerful and pretty good, the mids and highs are ok. I ended up going with the $300 Bose QC15 noise cancelling headphones and I'm really glad. The low end is powerful enough, though not as thumping as the beats headphones, but the overall spectrum I feel is better and more "true" sounding. Plus the noise cancellation makes flights so much better. Couple that with the lower price tag, and like I said, I'm glad I got them.
I have a pair of Bose OE headphones. They have been nice but they just aren't fun. Their sound is just to serious, like they are not capable of thumping bass and "fun" sound.

My other problem with Bose and the like is, if I'm paying $300 for a pair of headphones, I'm not going to buy ones that look like a kitchen appliance!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Accessories