Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowlypeace

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2012
I was up late around 4 am today wed 19th and went on the carphone warehouse website and was surprised to see all iPhone 5 models available for purchase and delivery on the 21st unlocked or with a sim!

I left it until around 8 am and it was still the same situation and so decided to order the black 32 GB. If it hadn't been available I don't think I would have ordered it, and instead waited for a few weeks or months, but was amazed it was there when its now stretching out to weeks for apple store orders.

I checked back on CPW website this evening and now the black 32 is estimated delivery of 3 or 4 weeks! but the other models are still available, although for monday delivery not friday.

I don't know if CPW just had a large stock or did they just make it available for online purchase today? - I think originally when I checked it was over the phone orders only and with contract maybe

Got an email now saying it will be sent by yodel and will get another email when dispatched - wow very surprised I was able to order this and have it delivered for release date 4-5 days after the initial surge, when people are going to have to wait for a month now if ordering from the apple website

this morning at 8-9 am all models were available to buy! - now they are pushed back to monday delivery apart from the black 32 which is now october -
I must have got my timing right with checking the website?

anyone else ordered through CPW?

Cancelled
May 9, 2012
Thank you very much. I had pre-ordered with apple Tuesday and got the 2-3 week delivery for 64GB Black. Just cancelled it and walked in to carphonewarehouse and will have it by latest Tuesday. Awesome!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.