Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amyangel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
anyone tried the update for 10.8.2 on their mid 2010 MBP?
I've been quite hesitant to migrate to Mountain Lion after hearing all the problems on the older models like mine so i've been hanging onto Lion and really want to upgrade if alot of the issues have been ironed out.

wondering if the anyone is seeing a significant change after upgrading?

Thanks in advance for the help :) :apple:

ramram55

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2012
Mountain lion is worth upgrading from your mid 2010 machine, you get lot more features than Lion. Just let apple keep their updates to remove all the problems.

amyangel

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Mountain lion is worth upgrading from your mid 2010 machine, you get lot more features than Lion. Just let apple keep their updates to remove all the problems.

Thanks so much :) I greatly appreciate the info, going to go download it tonight

armoredsaint

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2010
USA
i just did about an hour ago to 10.8.2 - i have the 2010 MBP uni-body also - the apple tech said it will fix the log-in issues, plus the spinning beach ball of death at start-up too :D

MrWaffles

macrumors member
Mar 4, 2011
Asheville
I have a mid 2010 MBP as well; it seems to be running fine under ML. I do not regret spending the $19.99 and it seems to behave much better than Lion, although I did have a bootleg version of Lion that I did not do a fresh install of.

Everything has been fine with ML, only problems I have been facing are not related to ML at all.

rossip

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2011
I have the oldest Mac that 10.8 supports, the mid-2007 iMac, and it works awesomely. If you run into trouble, I recommend backing up and doing a clean install. Also, have at least 4 GB ram, I've got 6 GB which i'm sure helps a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.