Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coreynyc

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2008
What is the best alternative to the Apple Smart Case for a 3rd gen iPad? Basically I am looking for a Reasonably priced (not $60), non-bulky 1 piece front & back cover with magnets.

I have been using the Devicewear Bridgeway but will be returning it to them for a refund due to the defective seams.

I would go for the Incipio Lexington but I don't love the flap that keeps it closed.

So any ideas would be appreciated

Last edited:

jon91851

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2011
RE: Case Recommendation

After reading the title to your thread, I immediately thought, Devicewear Ridge. I just got mine in the mail, and I really like it. What about the STM Skinny 3 or Switcheasy Canvas?

tardman91

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2009
Tampa Area, FL
Does anyone have any more good recommendations (with links would be awesome)? My smart case has begun to separate along the bottom edge by the dock connector. It's also not holding the iPad as tightly anymore and sometimes when I lift it near the edge the iPad pops out. I'm past my one year mark (did these things even have a 1 year warranty?) and I don't want to spend $50 for another one.

Coxy

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2013
I had exactly the same brief when looking for a case. Nice and slim with some form of "smart" lid without paying the stupid prices of a rear shell and Apple's own smart cover.

The Moshi VersaCover is what I went for. I was so impressed that when I was bought an iPad mini the following week I went along and ordered the same case for that too.

The quality of the case is excellent in my opinion and I use it often out in the field with work. The lid looks a little bizarre with its "origami" folding options but in practice it's very easy to use and offers more/better viewing options than that of Apple's smart cover IMO. Another thing to note is the magnet on the back of the case which holds the lid out of the way when folded back so you don't have to keep it there.

Check it out here: http://www.moshimonde.com/product/iglaze-with-versacover.aspx

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.