Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:45 PM   #51
Skystar
macrumors 6502

Hey guys I really like the "Keeper" by Quirky, but how do I preorder on Fab.com's page?

http://fab.com/inspiration/keeper-pre-order

I don't see any pre order or buy buttons? Thanks
Old Sep 26, 2012, 06:50 PM   #52
mal7896
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystar View Post
Hey guys I really like the "Keeper" by Quirky, but how do I preorder on Fab.com's page?

I like it too, but unfortunately they dont ship to Australia
mal7896 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:45 PM   #53
chrislaw
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Yahoo to chrislaw
I dont even have the 5, but nice post!
Twitter - @ceegeelawrence Instagram - @ceegeelawrence
chrislaw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:06 PM   #54
werthan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 911scanner View Post
Like the Stowaway. Has anyone every used one of these?

http://killspencer.com/product/preci...-iphone-5.html

Kind of nice looking, but know nothing about them.

Last edited by werthan; Sep 26, 2012 at 08:21 PM.
werthan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2012, 08:38 PM   #55
lorenwade
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystar View Post

Preorder is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislaw View Post
I dont even have the 5, but nice post!
Thanks!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:27 PM   #56
riseboi
macrumors member

OP, I came across this credit card case that fits your criteria.

http://www.boostcase.com/store/?page_id=667

Their blog page indicates that they will be updating their hybrid series for the iPhone 5.

I had their Extended Battery Hybrid case for my 4S. I kinda like the multi-functionality of their snap cases to add on a credit card case or extra battery depending on my needs.
riseboi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:33 PM   #57
Roessnakhan
macrumors 68040

Pricey, but I love this sleeve.
Old Sep 27, 2012, 03:40 PM   #58
kalexn
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseboi View Post

Their blog page indicates that they will be updating their hybrid series for the iPhone 5.

I had their Extended Battery Hybrid case for my 4S. I kinda like the multi-functionality of their snap cases to add on a credit card case or extra battery depending on my needs.
Nice! I really like these ones! I really hope they come out with the 5 soon!
kalexn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:54 PM   #59
imMICHAEL
macrumors newbie

I literally just received the Targus wallet case (listed in the OP) in the mail.

And it's really. REALLY Bulky. It's like two iPhone 5's stacked on one another.

I purchased mine from amazon and plan on returning.
imMICHAEL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 06:57 PM   #60
lkw15
macrumors newbie

Great thread. I went to the Fresh Fiber site and ordered a case. I'll throw up a few pics and do a quick review when I get it.
lkw15 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:21 PM   #61
DanUC6
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roessnakhan View Post
Pricey, but I love this sleeve.
Yup, already emailed the owner to see when they will be available again.
DanUC6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 07:30 PM   #62
Chromus
macrumors regular

Has anyone had experience with the Q Card case from CM4? I think they look really nice but haven't really heard of them until this thread. My main concern is it will be too bulky or not hold cards securely. I used the Speck Candyshell Card case on my iPhone 4, but found that it was too bulky for my liking.
Chromus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:01 PM   #63
lorenwade
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseboi View Post

Added! Thanks!!!
Old Sep 27, 2012, 11:05 PM   #64
meistervu
macrumors 6502a

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by imMICHAEL View Post
I literally just received the Targus wallet case (listed in the OP) in the mail.

And it's really. REALLY Bulky. It's like two iPhone 5's stacked on one another.

I purchased mine from amazon and plan on returning.
My Speck SmartFlex is on its way. I hope it is not too bulky. Speck don't give you dimensions but I can't imagine they can make it any thinner given the material used.

I never considered a wallet case until I saw this thread. Now I kinda talked myself into thinking that it's the best thing since sliced bread.

But I have had crazier ideas before so this is not the first time . Like the time I bought a nice leather pouch for my iPhone 4 and after a few weeks the hassle of removing the pouch from my pocket, and then the phone from the pouch, and nearly dropping it many times when trying to do so in a hurry, and the missed calls when trying to do so carefully so not to drop the phone. Then it dawned on me that the pouch may actually contribute to my chance of dropping the phone unprotected more so than removing the bare phone from my pocket, I now the owner of a really nice barely used Beyza leather pouch.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:22 AM   #65
DrMotownMac
macrumors regular

Okay, I'm just like a few other posters here in that I hadn't really thought about an iPhone case/wallet hybrid (or even known about them) until tonight as I was reading this and clicking on links.

Of course, as I'm sure you all know, when you click on one link, you end up being led off in different directions all over the web. Well, in the process of my link clicking and Googling, I came across this site, which reminded me that I had read an article about this company about 6 months ago, and then forgot about it:

iCache | Your Wallet, simple and secure

Amazingly, this device just received funding through Kickstarter, and it's only made for the iPhone 4/4s. WTF?!?!? A brand new company, funded by Kickstarter and partnered with the likes of Oracle and Apple itself, selling an über-cool digital and biometric iPhone case/wallet which only works with obsolete iPhones?

Well, I have to believe the iPhone 5 version is in the works, and if that comes out in the next few months, I have a very strong feeling I'll want to spend the $200 on that! Isn't this a step toward the Holy Grail of technology Zen? Truly having one thing in your pocket which eliminates the need for any of those credit cards in the first place? All we need now is a way to use that universal Geode card as a door key, a car key, and identification. Then, I think that would do it. No wallet, no keys. Just an iPhone and it's Geode case and card, using the app with fingerprint activation to turn that card into whatever you want it to be. Yep, that's the cleanest solution I've ever heard of...certainly seems more secure than NFC.

Why are more people not talking about this? Is this not really as cool or secure as it looks, or is this just too ridiculously expensive to ever be a viable option? I don't know, but it sounds awesome to me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	produnt1.png
Views:	103
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	364329  
DrMotownMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:58 AM   #66
lorenwade
macrumors 68000

Glad it sounds awesome to you. I don't like it cause I think it's far too much hassle and bulk for me.

It's a cool concept though.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 11:53 PM   #67
AndyFL
macrumors regular

Speck case

Ok, got the Speck SmartFlex in today. Slightly different than the version for the 4, but I'll spare you the compare/contrast - as it really doesn't matter because we're talking about the 5!

I've got 3 cards in there and you'll see it's slightly bowed. That's due to the rubber 'hump' that is in there to hold the cards tight - whether you have one card or 3 cards. It's not that significant and I suspect it will settle in and flatten out over the course of a few days. Overall, the case feels great IMO. BTW, if you're impatient and have a Nordstrom close by - check on-line for in-store availability. I know, it's probably the last place you'd look for an iPhone case - but many stores do stock them.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMotownMac View Post
Why are more people not talking about this? Is this not really as cool or secure as it looks, or is this just too ridiculously expensive to ever be a viable option? I don't know, but it sounds awesome to me!
Because this is essentially what Passbook will become, when NFC chips make it into the iPhone eventually. I suspect they have realized this and that the window for having a captive market is closing - fast.
AndyFL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2012, 12:01 AM   #68
aziatiklover
macrumors 68020

Wow I just found this one on incase! Its just bad ass, but too bad not available for iphone 5 YET!

Old Sep 29, 2012, 01:07 AM   #69
lorenwade
macrumors 68000

I really just don't like pouch cases. It looks cool, but as much as I use my phone, I think it would be a hassle.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 08:28 AM   #70
DrMotownMac
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyFL View Post
Ok, got the Speck SmartFlex in today. Slightly different than the version for the 4, but I'll spare you the compare/contrast - as it really doesn't matter because we're talking about the 5!

I've got 3 cards in there and you'll see it's slightly bowed. That's due to the rubber 'hump' that is in there to hold the cards tight - whether you have one card or 3 cards. It's not that significant and I suspect it will settle in and flatten out over the course of a few days. Overall, the case feels great IMO. BTW, if you're impatient and have a Nordstrom close by - check on-line for in-store availability. I know, it's probably the last place you'd look for an iPhone case - but many stores do stock them.

----------

Because this is essentially what Passbook will become, when NFC chips make it into the iPhone eventually. I suspect they have realized this and that the window for having a captive market is closing - fast.
I agree about the future of Passbook. Too bad my new iPhone 5 will be obsolete immediately after NFC makes its way to the iPhone 6....Ahhh, the price of being addicted to Apple products.

Meanwhile, that Speck case looks great! Two questions: (1) Any room for cash? And (2), is it easy to remove a card from there, or do you have to kind of jimmy them in and out, all three at a time?
DrMotownMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:10 PM   #71
ndprunner22
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihonda View Post
case-mate is really draggin their feet on their ID case, the non-pop ver.
Agreed. I loved that case for my iPhone 4. Can't wait for it to come out for the 5. Meanwhile, I bought the Speck SmartFlex.
ndprunner22 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:13 PM   #72
ihonda
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndprunner22 View Post
Agreed. I loved that case for my iPhone 4. Can't wait for it to come out for the 5. Meanwhile, I bought the Speck SmartFlex.
i have been bugging them EVERY week since the announcement of the iphone 5, they keep trying to pawn the pop! id case off on me. F that one.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 05:20 PM   #73
ndprunner22
macrumors member

Quote:
i have been bugging them EVERY week since the announcement of the iphone 5, they keep trying to pawn the pop! id case off on me. F that one.
I actually just ended up ordering this one from eBay. It is nearly identical to the Case Mate ID. Only $8. I'll post some pictures when I get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_823wt_1413
Old Sep 30, 2012, 06:17 PM   #74
ihonda
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndprunner22 View Post
I actually just ended up ordering this one from eBay. It is nearly identical to the Case Mate ID. Only $8. I'll post some pictures when I get it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_823wt_1413
see im worried about that one, its no where as thin as the case-mate. but please do and compare to the 4S casemate if you have one. im also worried about scratching of the back plate.. the 4S was glass so it just slid across, this being the new back it might be concerning.
Old Sep 30, 2012, 08:37 PM   #75
ndprunner22
macrumors member

Quote:
see im worried about that one, its no where as thin as the case-mate. but please do and compare to the 4S casemate if you have one. im also worried about scratching of the back plate.. the 4S was glass so it just slid across, this being the new back it might be concerning.
agreed. Will do.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories