Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lorenwade

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 27, 2008
If you're like me, you're a minimalist and prefer your wallet and phone in one simple package.

Here's my rules/criteria.
  • No cases that cover the front of the screen and need to be opened.
  • I'm not listing every color for each case, just each individual design. Use your search skills to see if they have other colors.
  • If I am missing one, just link me and I'll update the list.
  • There are many "companies" that sell a generic eBay version. I don't want to list all of these, but just in case something is different about them (like quality), they're listed in the generic list below the main one.

Organized alphabetically by company name.

Asterisks (*) denote the link is to an older edition or a different website but the iPhone 5 version is in the works. If anything is out of date, please let me know to update.

Generic

Last edited:

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
These are definitely cool, and if I wasn't so paranoid about losing my phone or wallet, I'd probably get one. The fact I could lose both at the same time though is just something I can't come to terms with.

Nice to see the cases are so well made though in case I ever change my mind.

wstcstdrmr

macrumors newbie
Jul 23, 2010
I think i am going to for ilid. i was checking up on the iphone 4s version and it looks sick.

ihonda

Suspended
Sep 17, 2009
Can't wait for the case mate id case. Been using since iPhone 3G. Nothing comes close.. The swagmyiphone one looks to be thicker then the case mate.. Like the knockoffs that floated around for the 4/4S the card slot was a lot thicker adding way more bulk to the phone.

mikecenizal

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2008
used a hex solo on my 4s, was very happy with it and plan to get one for my ip5. not too crazy about the new texture they are using though. i prefer the smooth leather they used on the ip4 model. hopefully it will look better to me in person.

APPLEFAN8

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
NJ/GA/FL
These are definitely cool, and if I wasn't so paranoid about losing my phone or wallet, I'd probably get one. The fact I could lose both at the same time though is just something I can't come to terms with.

Nice to see the cases are so well made though in case I ever change my mind.

yeah same dude, I feel the same way.

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
I don't get the fascination with the Hex Solo.

If I have to take my phone out to get to my stuff, that is a deal breaker. To me, that is a risk for dropping the phone while getting it out to get to my credit card.

I do, however, REALLY like the Keeper.

----------

In reading the description of the Keeper, it says it "Clips to the Back of the Phone."

Does anyone know what this means? Does the front of the case come over the glass just slightly like most snap in cases?

autigers1101

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
I'm probably going to get the crossover case. Anyone know if the credit cards would scratch the aluminum backing of the iPhone??

riseboi

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2011
Miami Beach
I don't get the fascination with the Hex Solo.

If I have to take my phone out to get to my stuff, that is a deal breaker. To me, that is a risk for dropping the phone while getting it out to get to my credit card.

That is the Hex Stealth, not the Solo.

I have the Solo for my 4S and plan on getting the red and/or white on for my iPhone 5.

Thanks for the thread, OP.

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
That is the Hex Stealth, not the Solo.

I have the Solo for my 4S and plan on getting the red and/or white on for my iPhone 5.

Thanks for the thread, OP.

Ah yes, my mistake.

My issue with the solo is that it only holds two cards.

I really like the design of the keeper except for how it attaches to the phone. It says it "clips to the back" and I am not even sure what that means.

But it appears that it doesn't over lap on the front, which is a must for me since I like to lay my phone down screen down on flat surfaces when not using it sometimes.

autigers1101

macrumors newbie
Apr 25, 2011
Also wondering this. Camera cutout also looks a little small for the flash.

it does say some minor changes can be made, so I'm sure that will come up before they ship them out. I also assume they wouldn't cover up the headphone spot on the bottom..

The sale ends in 20 hours so I have to make a decision soon. Going back on my previous question.. does anyone think the backing would be scratched by credit cards? I was thinking about ordering an invisible shield for the back of the phone to maybe prevent scratches, but im hoping it will be thin enough to allow me to keep multiple cards back there and hopefully not make it hard to get the cards in and out smoothly.

JAYTEE

macrumors newbie
Dec 22, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I think i am going to for ilid. i was checking up on the iphone 4s version and it looks sick.

Excellent list, thanks.

The iLid is awesome. I was a backer for the original iPhone 4/4s version on Kickstarter and am having difficulty even considering moving to another style. iLids for iPhone 5 do not exist yet. Their website has a "Register your interest" form so I'll be getting a cheap bumper style in the interim

Last edited:

Rat-Boy

macrumors 65816
Jul 28, 2008
Georgia
Excellent list, thanks.

The iLid is awesome. I was a backer for the original iPhone 4/4s version on Kickstarter and am having difficulty even considering moving to another style. iLids for iPhone 5 do not exist yet. Their website has a "Register your interest" form so I'll be getting a cheap bumper style in the interim

Can I ask how many cards the iLid can hold in that compartment without it hindering the closing of the case?

I am strongly considering this case, and I too, have already ordered a cheap bumper to hold me over.

Thanks for any further info you can provide.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Awesome thread! What about an iphone sleeve with some credit card slots?
I like this one, but anybody knows an even better one?

bodyguardz-pocket-wallet-case-for-iphone-5_1.jpg

http://www.bodyguardz.com/pocket-case-black-for-apple-iphone-5-covers-shields-skins-films.html

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.