Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Settings - iCloud - Photo Stream - Enable Shared Photo Streams

Then go to a photo, click share, Photo Stream. You'll be presented with options and asked to invite people to share it with.

chrisk1250

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
I had this problem too.

But I figured out that you have to invite your friend via their iCloud account. Not their Apple ID, their iCloud account (which is potentially the same but not always).

As soon as I used iCloud email, worked perfectly and super fast.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Settings - iCloud - Photo Stream - Enable Shared Photo Streams

Then go to a photo, click share, Photo Stream. You'll be presented with options and asked to invite people to share it with.

thats wat I did, but no photo stream when I click share!

I had this problem too.

But I figured out that you have to invite your friend via their iCloud account. Not their Apple ID, their iCloud account (which is potentially the same but not always).

As soon as I used iCloud email, worked perfectly and super fast.

Well yea but I cant even get the share button with photo stream and choose their icloud ID.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
In Photos.app, click the middle tab (Photo Stream) and in the top left there is a "+" sign. That's how you create new streams.

I dont have photo stream as an option! All I have is twitter, facebook, email, message, copy, assign to contact, print!

Edit: ok found it thanx for your help guys! My photo stream to other people was not on in settings! But photo stream to icloud was.

chrisk1250

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2010
I dont have photo stream as an option! All I have is twitter, facebook, email, message, copy, assign to contact, print!

Edit: ok found it thanx for your help guys! My photo stream to other people was not on in settings! But photo stream to icloud was.

Yeah... it's not a "Share" option the way Twitter, Facebook, Email etc. is. It's a folder you make, invite people to and then populate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.